Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
no it doesn't. the reason why katakuri was in a rush was because he had a set meal time, and the fight with Luffy delayed the meal time.

we've seen characters fight for hours and even days and you're gonna tell me kata can't last this long without eating?? :russ:

the reason why Luffy was able to land a hit was because katakuri initiated the attack this time around unlike all the other instances between them. he probably had his coo down or it was weakened by the fact that Luffy saw his meal time scene.

I thought Luffy was able to land a hit was because Dogtooth lost his cool. I think Dogtooth has to be almost zen like for his predictive observation haki to work. He is a little frazzled now so he is using brute force instead of his calm calculated attacks.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I have also seen speculation that Dogtooth can't fight properly when hungry either, hence his annoyance with having to delay his meal time, completing the circle of him being BM's Luffy doppelganger.

But more likely his weakness is indeed that he is a terrible offensive fighter because he always relies on observation haki to counter attack. Luffy's strength is that he is so impulsive he can attack and defend on the fly, Dogtooth couldn't even throw one impulsive punch without leaving his chin wide open.

Passaro

All Star
Daps
The better theory I've seen that makes more sense is that he cannot use both haki at the high level he did. For example, his observation haki being able to see into the future cannot be used at the same level while he's using "block mochi" which was an upgraded armament haki. He has to do either or. Since he went "block mochi" Luffy was able to get in two strikes. When he was just using the super observation haki Luffy was getting washed.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
no it doesn't. the reason why katakuri was in a rush was because he had a set meal time, and the fight with Luffy delayed the meal time.

we've seen characters fight for hours and even days and you're gonna tell me kata can't last this long without eating?? :russ:

the reason why Luffy was able to land a hit was because katakuri initiated the attack this time around unlike all the other instances between them. he probably had his coo down or it was weakened by the fact that Luffy saw his meal time scene.

I thought of that explanation but the idea that all Luffy has to do is counter seems way too simple. It could fit since every time Luffy's dodged has been a big motion away but I just don't think that's a typical Oda explanation, there's usually more to it.

As for the amount of time fighting it's not just the fight itself, a lot has passed from the wedding prep to the wedding to the chase and then to this.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yaylebron.gif

Yo this chapter got me so hype. Dogtooth got exposed. Luffy is about to get some hits in. That's my pirate king :bryan:

Came in to post this. Old dude had Luffy looking at him like...

R-425355-1433653754-7129.jpeg.jpg

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I have also seen speculation that Dogtooth can't fight properly when hungry either, hence his annoyance with having to delay his meal time, completing the circle of him being BM's Luffy doppelganger.

But more likely his weakness is indeed that he is a terrible offensive fighter because he always relies on observation haki to counter attack. Luffy's strength is that he is so impulsive he can attack and defend on the fly, Dogtooth couldn't even throw one impulsive punch without leaving his chin wide open.

:ohhh:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
How is it a goofy win? Luffy didn’t even go gear 4th :what:
I said incoming, I dnt care what he found out no way G4 shld beat katakuri. cracker and doffy beat the dude if he has no help and katakuri is above them. Should luffy be able to tango with yonkou top elites or other high level pirates yes, but beating the top guy is bs.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I said incoming, I dnt care what he found out no way G4 shld beat katakuri. cracker and doffy beat the dude if he has no help and katakuri is above them. Should luffy be able to tango with yonkou top elites or other high level pirates yes, but beating the top guy is bs.

So Luffy shouldn't gain exp with each fight? He should just remain at the same level? :what:Either way Gear 4 washed everyone except Big Mom so far....

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yeah, I don't buy that Luffy gets washed by doffy or cracker with no help. It completely negates the fact that Doffy had help before getting wasted by g4 Luffy, and that cracker had nothing for G4 Luffy until the time ran out.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Genuine question brehs:
Who's observation haki is stronger, Katakuri or Enel. Enel had the power to see all the actions in all of Skypiea, but Katakuri has the power to see the future.