Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Loved the twist, it's so...One Piece. :pachaha:

He's Luffy's parallel/opposite in more ways than one. Where Luffy is goofy most of the time but gets serious when the situation calls for it, Kakakuri is serious most of the time but goofy in certain situations (ie. mealtime).

Not sure why people don't like this. I'm sure most people do things in private that they wouldn't really want to be seen in public doing. I don't think it makes Kakakuri a worse character in any way.

Dude is about to legit lose a fight because he couldn't wait 5 more minutes for lunch. :russ:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Loved the twist, it's so...One Piece. :pachaha:

He's Luffy's parallel/opposite in more ways than one. Where Luffy is goofy most of the time but gets serious when the situation calls for it, Kakakuri is serious most of the time but goofy in certain situations (ie. mealtime).

Not sure why people don't like this. I'm sure most people do things in private that they wouldn't really want to be seen in public doing. I don't think it makes Kakakuri a worse character in any way.

Dude is about to legit lose a fight because he couldn't wait 5 more minutes for lunch. :russ:

Every BM Pirate's got a secret all damned arc. From three eyes, to armor made of crackors to smaller characters like the dude hiding that Luffy and Nami escaped...everybody's been hiding ish (not BM but the CP0 identity too). Katakuri having BM type inclinations when he eats is pretty much par for the course. I really liked this chapter but wanna know what Luffy figured out to land that strike.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Every BM Pirate's got a secret all damned arc. From three eyes, to armor made of crackors to smaller characters like the dude hiding that Luffy and Nami escaped...everybody's been hiding ish (not BM but the CP0 identity too). Katakuri having BM type inclinations when he eats is pretty much par for the course. I really liked this chapter but wanna know what Luffy figured out to land that strike.

I think it's more what Luffy figured out after it landed. His weakness was already implied in the chapter IMO.

Think about it. Kakakuri is a parallel to Luffy so he would have the same weaknesses, but probably to an even greater extent. What weakness would a Luffy parallel have that would make him weaker than normal?

Kakakuri's weakness is the same as Luffy's: He simply can't fight well if he's hungry. But being hungry probably affects him even more than it does Luffy.

That's why he was in such a rush to go off and eat. That's why he's so picky about his mealtimes. And it's why Luffy can land hits now...Kakakuri is hungry and as a result weakened. He might even need to eat a certain amount of sweets.

Luffy just happened to put 2 and 2 together and realized that was why he rushed off to eat without fishing him.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think it's more what Luffy figured out after it landed. His weakness was already implied in the chapter IMO.

Think about it. Kakakuri is a parallel to Luffy so he would have the same weaknesses, but probably to an even greater extent. What weakness would a Luffy parallel have that would make him weaker than normal?

Kakakuri's weakness is the same as Luffy's: He simply can't fight well if he's hungry. But being hungry probably affects him even more than it does Luffy.

That's why he was in such a rush to go off and eat. That's why he's so picky about his mealtimes. And it's why Luffy can land hits now...Kakakuri is hungry and as a result weakened. He might even need to eat a certain amount of sweets.

Luffy just happened to put 2 and 2 together and realized that was why he rushed off to eat without fishing him.
:ohhh:
I hate I didn't figure that out, but it's obvious :ehh:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWG, this nikka Dogtooth REALLY GOT dogtooth, that nikka on some demonic shyt :damn:

bodied his own nikkas

that true form :wow: i gotta see the backstory to why he's like that

that poster who said we're getting elemental or soul powers was spot on, its been teased for a minute, im guessing thats what he meant when he said ''there are things stronger than armament''

Wonder what G4 Lucy got up his sleeves :lupe:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

:ohhh: Rep and Dap, It makes sense AND it's hilarious.

Blackstar

Superstar
Daps
Katakuri mouth worse than Bartolomeo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Light

Pro
Daps
:ohhh: Rep and Dap, It makes sense AND it's hilarious.

no it doesn't. the reason why katakuri was in a rush was because he had a set meal time, and the fight with Luffy delayed the meal time.

we've seen characters fight for hours and even days and you're gonna tell me kata can't last this long without eating?? :russ:

the reason why Luffy was able to land a hit was because katakuri initiated the attack this time around unlike all the other instances between them. he probably had his coo down or it was weakened by the fact that Luffy saw his meal time scene.