Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Light

Pro
Daps
A recent interview from Oda.

- Oda enjoys watching both old and new films, but he usually watches new films in order to catch up with the trends unless there is much free time.

- When asked if he is afraid that he can't come up with ideas about ONE PIECE some day in the future,
Oda denies and says he is confident that he can produce good ideas via final push near a deadline for chapters.
Oda appreciates deadlines since he considers he would not be able to draw an interesting manga if he had so much time to prepare.

- Many staffs are involved in ONE PIECE industry, but Oda himself doesn't feel pressured at all.
He says there is no responsibility for him about ONE PIECE other than manga although for example he has been getting along well with anime staffs.
Oda says it would not have a large impact even if ONE PIECE comes to an end due to his health.

- Oda considers manga is basically helpless in that it can't be of help for people who suffer from a large disaster.
Oda says manga doesn't produce food, house and clothes. (Oda has made drawings for the victims for large earthquakes in Japan.)

- When Oda was in his 20s, he thought he should spend time on manga rather than attending his parent's funeral even if they die.
Oda now calls it a crazy idea, but at the same time, he says this excessive seriousness toward manga made what ONE PIECE is today.

- Oda wants to entertain people ever since his childhood. He says he is happy to see others delighted.

- Oda says now that ONE PIECE is already the best manga in terms of volume sales he is wondering what to aim for next.
He also says he has already experienced most of what other popular manga artists have done in the past (anime, games etc?). Oda says he needs a big goal.

- Oda supports his assistants so that their mangas will become popular.

- ONE PIECE has more characters than before. He has to cram much information into one chapter to move forward with the story.
Oda says he would be able to draw really impressive fight scenes only if he could keep drawing the fight scene for 2 chapters in a row.

He feels ONE PIECE can now spend only 1 chapter at most on a fight scene. :martin:

- When asked where he wants to visit most, Oda laughs and says he doesn't want to visit space since it would be too dangerous.

- Oda is interested in diving since his wife loves it, but he is scared of sharks. (The restroom in Oda studio is full of sharks, though. lol)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
^to be fair, I can understand why he doesn't want to drag things out

One Piece has already been going for 20 years. If the rest of the arcs drag out as long as, say, Dressrosa did, we'll all die of old age before One Piece ends.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

One Piece has already been going for 20 years. If the rest of the arcs drag out as long as, say, Dressrosa did, we'll all die of old age before One Piece ends.

Dressrosa ended up being as long as it was because Oda didn't want to spread things out over multiple arcs, so he put multiple developments into one which caused it to stretch out tremendously. But when you think about it Dressrosa gave us the returns of Sabo, Burgess, Koala and Bellamy (the first acquiring Ace's fruit in the process), the introductions of Fujitora, Cipher Pol 0, Gear 4 and "Awakening", the backstory of Law and Doflamingo plus the latter's defeat on top of the formation of the Straw Hat fleet. That's a lot of goddamn world building.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Young PK with that no fear no jutsu ''JUST ONE PUNCH'' :wow:

Yo the fishman who put the bomb in the box is crazy. My nikka was tryna blow up fishman castle, ain't nobody was getting the pills in there :russ:

Big Mum fukking tanked a G4 punch. That same G4 punch that sent Doflamingo flying across a city not knowing how he even got there. That big bytch can't be fukked with :wow:

bruh.. I THOUGHT nikkas knew BM wasnt no joke, it must be a reason shes the only female Yonkou lol
She brushed that shyt off like it was nothing, and then told him he cant fukk with kaido either :wow:

something tells me Shanks is low key the illest, he was able to sctop Kaido when he was intercepting White beard.. we still aint seen brehh flex but he got one arm and still a name to fear :wow:

This chap was dope as fukk

Stussy an CPO agent:ohhh:

Morgan gone sue that bytch:russ: but he probably should not have said dont know what WG will order to happen to you:huhldup:

Its not like we needed it. But nice to see that its been confirmed by those who think that BM going down now.

That our goal for now is still Kaidou. BM later.

So Kaido is a THING?:jbhmm: what is he?

whos stussy again ??

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

I think I would come back from the dead just to see how One Piece ends. I do hope that he finishes up soon though. Then he can drop separate stories that fill in the blanks or expand the One Piece universe.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
A recent interview from Oda.
I think what hes trying to say is that he puts so much info. In his chap. That he can put an entire fight in one chapter

It would make sense as it goes with his craming more information comment

True. But oda has shown no slowing down of expansion of this world and characters.
Infact he seems like hes not phazed at all. He still enjoys this
I think he'll do things where some arcs will be him combining ideas or having a fast pace

Nonetheless we still got 10+ years of this GOATNESS:blessed:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
IT was pretty shocking to see big mom eat that gear 4 shot. I knew she was on a different power level altogether but gottdamn :wow:

Judge getting mollywhopped :pachaha: get this guy the fukk outta here.

if ZoGoat was here, this arc would of been over by now.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
something tells me Shanks is low key the illest, he was able to sctop Kaido when he was intercepting White beard.. we still aint seen brehh flex but he got one arm and still a name to fear :wow:
Shanks used to be Mihawk's rival until he lost his arm. Dude stopped the Marineford war just by showing up and letting folks know they don't want that work.

Probably the biggest one though, unless he got possession of a Devil Fruit somewhere after he lost his arm, he may very well be the strongest non-Fruit user in the OP universe.:wow:

That would be an interesting list btw, the most powerful non-Fruit users in the world. :lupe:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Shanks used to be Mihawk's rival until he lost his arm. Dude stopped the Marineford war just by showing up and letting folks know they don't want that work.

Probably the biggest one though, unless he got possession of a Devil Fruit somewhere after he lost his arm, he may very well be the strongest non-Fruit user in the OP universe.:wow:

That would be an interesting list btw, the most powerful non-Fruit users in the world. :lupe:
That would be a short list. Everybody has a damn DF in The New World:deadmanny:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
never forget ZoGoat......

:wow:

ZoGAWD really the illest :wow: most fearless and inspiring character ever since Itachi and Aizen :wow:

dawwwg thats what im saying. ONLY Yonkou without a DF, let that sink in.. SHANKS IS A BEAST :wow:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This nikka Oda :beli:
Hes likely referring to how he puts so much info in a chap he can do that. Hence that comment following the chapter craming he does.

Yall shouldnt sit here and worry yall selves over Luffy plus other SNs vs Kaido being one chapter.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That would be a short list. Everybody has a damn DF in The New World:deadmanny:

Shanks, Mihawk, Garp and Rayleigh (the latter two probably only being contenders in their primes).

Of course you also have "cheat code" tribes like the Fishmen and the Giants, who technically don't possess Devil Fruits but are naturally more powerful than humans.:jbhmm: