Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Recently got into One Piece via Too ami couple of Saturday's ago. Very interesting characters

Welcome to the fold, this thread is manga focused so it's ahead of the show. You may wanna catch up bc it's worth following the story without spoilers...but that'll take some time because this ish has been going for a loooong time.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Luffy had to knock the hoe out of sanji:yayo:

Luffy like we fam we got you:pachaha:

But how they gon handle this tho between big thot and all her dumbass kids. How this gon work:patrice: who knows if the vinesmokes even believe sanji or will they pull up on him so many questions.
Minus the bytch slapping, I wish I had a friend like Luffy :mjcry:

Also I think it's just in Sanji's nature to have sympathy for his family. Not me though. I would have told Luffy I just want to see them get slaughter then we can bounce. :demonic:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to the fold, this thread is manga focused so it's ahead of the show. You may wanna catch up bc it's worth following the story without spoilers...but that'll take some time because this ish has been going for a loooong time.

Thanks breh!

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Why is that? Oda is not the only mangaka who took breaks or has health issues. What about the industry causes the health issues?

He's been hospitalized numerous times and apparently he's only ever been sleeping for like 4 hours a day. The manga industry is rough and typically mangakas don't even get paid that much for their work either aside from the chosen few like Oda.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Why is that? Oda is not the only mangaka who took breaks or has health issues. What about the industry causes the health issues?
The schedule is absolutely brutal and the deadlines are strict. You basically have no life outside of producing your manga every single day of the week.

Of course, Akira Toriyama said he'd spend like 4 days of the week doing nothing, and then cram everything in the 3 last days without sleeping once:lolbron:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
The schedule is absolutely brutal and the deadlines are strict. You basically have no life outside of producing your manga every single day of the week.

Of course, Akira Toriyama said he'd spend like 4 days of the week doing nothing, and then cram everything in the 3 last days without sleeping once:lolbron:

Well that makes sense given the shyt we got:heh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Some have already said it but the schedules and deadlines are so harsh that you basically have no life. Oda only sleeps for three hours a day and before he was hospitalized said he'd smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. The job requires an inhuman commitment to delivering on time every single week of the year.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Guys been doin this goin on for 20 years straight bruh.

Hell kubo(Bleach) whose been doin it for 4 years lesser than ODA but still a good 12+ years in was getting sick and had to take breaks and is probably why he had to end it last year(15th anniversary of it)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Only half joking when I say Bakuman is a pretty good manga that shows how stressful the industry is on these cats. Main character ends up laid up in the hospital Oda style at one point lol.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
He's been hospitalized numerous times and apparently he's only ever been sleeping for like 4 hours a day. The manga industry is rough and typically mangakas don't even get paid that much for their work either aside from the chosen few like Oda.

Some have already said it but the schedules and deadlines are so harsh that you basically have no life. Oda only sleeps for three hours a day and before he was hospitalized said he'd smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. The job requires an inhuman commitment to delivering on time every single week of the year.

Only half joking when I say Bakuman is a pretty good manga that shows how stressful the industry is on these cats. Main character ends up laid up in the hospital Oda style at one point lol.

I always thought mangakas had some kind of help. I didn't know they drew everything panel for panel. I imagined that after a while they would have a group of artists mimic their style and draw certain panels. That way the mangaka can focus on story development.

I think that's the case with Fairy Tale because there is no way one person is putting out that much content by himself. Granted the panels are considered bland compared to One Piece but no way one person is doing that by himself.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I always thought mangakas had some kind of help. I didn't know they drew everything panel for panel. I imagined that after a while they would have a group of artists mimic their style and draw certain panels. That way the mangaka can focus on story development.

I think that's the case with Fairy Tale because there is no way one person is putting out that much content by himself. Granted the panels are considered bland compared to One Piece but no way one person is doing that by himself.

They have assistants but they mostly just do backgrounds and inking. The mangaka is still responsible for most of the work.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

They have assistants but they mostly just do backgrounds and inking. The mangaka is still responsible for most of the work.

Yep. In a one piece sbs Oda's said he has like 4 assistants with him, basically doing what godling described here. It's not easy too, they're making like 6 or 7 chapters a week lol

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I made a One Piece Tier List. Tell me how you feel about it.

k34wT68.jpg
Almost accurate but I can't fully get behind it. No way in hell any them yonko commanders stronger than broken ass Doffy for one

Switch

All Star
Daps
Is Sanji finally to actually do something other than cry? :mjlol:

Brook stole his thunder

I made a One Piece Tier List. Tell me how you feel about it.

k34wT68.jpg

Mihawk should be up with the admirals at least. Few other corrections but not too bad.