Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
You're an anomally.
Based on everything I've read and listened to from the fandom which is a lot because it's a hobby of mine to read forum threads excessively most people think it's slow in the anime and it ruins Skypiea for them and then when they read the manga they like it much more.
Just saw that on the one piece podcast actually and with a friend.
But I'm also a manga purist and don't let any of my friends get into the series unless they read it.

Skypiea just felt out of place to me. And the native american / foreign invader trope is played out.

Best things about that arc, for me, was chopper catching a legit body and robin giving that big dude that work.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Skypiea just felt out of place to me. And the native american / foreign invader trope is played out.

Best things about that arc, for me, was chopper catching a legit body and robin giving that big dude that work.
No more outplayed then the generic action rescue arc that was Enies Lobby or the country saving adventure Alabasta.

Last edited:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Soooo the raw is out.
One Piece 797 page 1 | MangaMint
Looks like nothing happens :beli:
Nothing happens because you don't like it you mean.
Stop confusing your investment in characters with the actual content of the story because this is not only recently what you should have expected after last chapter but we'll written and a totally tied up a big plot point but I guess there pages of it or it being totally skipped would have been better writing right?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Nothing happens because you don't like it you mean.
Stop confusing your investment in characters with the actual content of the story because this is not only recently what you should have expected after last chapter but we'll written and a totally tied up a big plot point but I guess there pages of it or it being totally skipped would have been better writing right?
Your stannery disgust me.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Your stannery disgust me.
No.
Did this resolve a big plot of the arc?
Would it have been better writing to skip it or give it three pages?
Did this set up a few other things like who'll rule Dressrosa and Law leaving to probably talk to Sengoku?
Was the scene badly written and did you even read the summary from Aohige and see the scans? Let alone the unreleased translation?
It's not what you wanted but that doesn't mean nothing happened and for some reason people like you don't get that.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
No.
Did this resolve a big plot of the arc? I dont know
Would it have been better writing to skip it or give it three pages? Yes
Did this set up a few other things like who'll rule Dressrosa and Law leaving to probably talk to Sengoku? Who cares?
Was the scene badly written and did you even read the summary from Aohige and see the scans? Let alone the unreleased translation? Have you?:leon:
It's not what you wanted but that doesn't mean nothing happened and for some reason people like you don't get that.
Anything from this arc without The Don is trash :manny: