Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
zorro was on that

5225d1382630108-pushing-4th-gear-over-9-000-rpm-9000techno.gif

between him and aizen returning its been a :blessed: day

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently Oda explained Zoro's dialogue in this chapter:

'thousand world' is from a buddhist saying. It is the shortened version of 'three thousand large thousand worlds' (direct translation, sorry!), and is from an ancient Indian legend regarding a great range of worlds.
According to this --- bible: this world we live in, in the center is ---mountain, and there are seven mountains and 8 oceans that surround it. Within the oceans are 4 great continents, on the outside of these oceans are borders of mountains. There is one sun that lights the four continents: east west, south, north (character naming of these continents), and together they are one small world. A thousand of these small worlds become small thousand world, a thousand of these small thousand worlds become medium thousand world, lastly, a thousand of these medium thousand worlds is one large thousand world.

And because one large thousand world consists of small, medium, and large, these three thousand worlds, it is thus referred to as three thousand large thousand worlds, or in short, large thousand world. According to Indian legends, Buddha protects and teaches the whole three thousand large thousand worlds, anything that extends beyond this range has no borders. *Large thousand world' is used until now.

This is why Zoro says, 'Nine mountains, eight seas, there is nothing I cannot slice. Three thousand worlds!"

After defeating Pica, Zoro's says: "---(japanese, japanese, japanese...)---" This is a famous phrase/motto among the Japanese mafia. According to the mafia, the levels of the society in order is "Normal working civilians, beggars, mafia, then thieves (or pirates)". Mafia is underneath beggars, and above thieves. Therefore, the mafia cannot despise beggars, but all despise thieves. The mafia with morals and dignity, do not cause trouble to civilians. The definition of "mafia (Yakuza)", in Chinese means "brotherhood", and in China, the brotherhood usually does not take part in proper professions and does immoral things. But those that do well in the brotherhood, call themselves 'chivalrous heros'.

Here, after defeating Pica, Zoro says this phrase to teach those who are also living in the brotherhood (as pirates), does not follow the chivalry code, and chooses to hurt civilians that do not wish to fight.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
*spoilers*

Really hope Bellamy died after all that hype. I hate false deaths, though I'll accept Law's because of his importance, but not Bellamy's. That would make the whole beating Luffy took pointless, and honestly IMO, Bellamy's whole reappearance pointless.

Other than that, great chapter.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
*spoilers*

Really hope Bellamy died after all that hype. I hate false deaths, though I'll accept Law's because of his importance, but not Bellamy's. That would make the whole beating Luffy took pointless, and honestly IMO, Bellamy's whole reappearance pointless.

Other than that, great chapter.

C'mon son, it's One Piece. Neither Bellamy or Law are dead.

I'm just glad that fodder Bellamy is out of the way and won't be holding up the plot anymore. No chapter next week tho. :to:

Bellamy got hit so hard it left an imprint

2764705-1361589542722.gif

288wcvl.jpg

History repeats. :pachaha: :manny:

Last edited: