Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'm kinda disappointed that Sogeking didn't show up and save the day, but whatever.

I'm at least glad operation SOP is over and done with, so now we can get to the meat of the arc.

There are waaaay too many interesting subplots going on to waste panel time on that chump's backstory. :camby::camby:

That said I'm am waiting on the Law/DoFlamingo backstory, I'm really curious as to what DoFla did to make Law so upset that he came up with this whole convoluted plot just to get back at him. Dude is even willing to die as long as he gets back at DoFlamingo...he must have gotten done dirty.
fukk Law
Bellamy :salute:
You know we're gonna get it right :umad:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Yeah people act like they were up against fodder. This is like the first L any SH took since they got to the New World. They not going to steamroll everyone in every fight.

Franky smacked buffalo and baby 5 dolo, but I guess the vice admiral was the game changer...still expected a little more from him, solid #4... not from usopp though :mjlol:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
"
So on the anime discussion I got into an argument over Bellamys character over this comment: "I think he is just weak and boring personally. it's the same as watching a no name navy solder fighting, no to mention his fruit is so bad, just so he can bounce around, it feels like a 5 am idea that lord oda had and forgot to remove it, He is also poorly written as he is just a generic one dimensional minor villain when there are so much more interesting ones around, he certainly didn't warrant a second coming in the series."

So I heavily disagreed with that post and types up a long post in response before realizing that it had manga spoilers and that I had to delete it. So instead of letting the post go to waste I've decided to post it here and see what your opinions are on Bellamys character stemming all the way back to Jaya.

"So Bellamy who was arguably the best part of Jaya in my opinion and directly contributed to two of the greatest moments in the series and in that arc he also had other great moments along with becoming one the most hated characters? You didn't like all of the crazy stuff he did in Jaya at all? What about the themes he helped show and how he helped expand on Luffys character? A one dimensional character is someone like Bartolomeo who is just a troll fanboy while Bellamy has layers stemming back to his obsession with strength and rejection of the existence of dreams which was in direct contradiction of the ideals of his idol as could be seen in the scene where Doflamingo told Bellamy off and said he had no use for him any more and to fond his own way which lead him to Skypeia which was a life changing experience along with the loss of his crew and his subsequent return to Dressrosa where he actually had principles and ideals (as could he seen in his fight with Tank Lepanto) and a dream in serving Doflamingo? He's far from one dimensional because unlike a lot of other characters he's actually developed and I could name fan favorites off of the top o my head that aren't as well developed as him such as Bon Clay or Crocodile.

And his fruits boring? It was directly made as a parallel to Luffys fruit and it still has its own unique properties which we have yet to see but im sure we will soon enough. Bellamys fruit is directly made the compliment his physical skills along with increasing his momentum and speed as could be seen with his Spring Hopper or increasing the power in his attacks like with his Death Knock. You're telling me that you weren't the least bit interested in what he did against Abdullah and Jeet? And he's definitely not weak as can be seen with him making it to the end of his block without a scratch until he went up against Bartolomeos barrier (which he was able to get around and grip Bart so hard he couldn't be shaken off before the Kings punch came) and his intro into his block where it's revealed he's demolished countries for Dokfmaingo. Or how about his haki conversation with Luffy which confirms he has it because as we've seen only people with Haki can sense it.

I also don't believe that he fought back against Dellinger because when Bartolomeo came he was just letting himself get kicked around and said he had no will to live and attacking Dellinger would have been an affront on the family and he quite possibly was in to much shock to do anything. I don't know how you can look at his little flashback snippets or his transformation and his current interactions and call him poorly written."
:James:

teacher

All Star
Daps
How can you even compare Bellamy to Bon Clay or Crocodile? Bon Clay was a big/only reason Luffy escaped Impel Down and Crocodile was Luffy's first tussle with the Big Boys....Luffy one shotting Bellamy didn't do anything for his development :comeon:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
How can you even compare Bellamy to Bon Clay or Crocodile? Bon Clay was a big/only reason Luffy escaped Impel Down and Crocodile was Luffy's first tussle with the Big Boys....Luffy one shotting Bellamy didn't do anything for his development :comeon:
Bellamy has more complexity than them :blessed:
Luffy smacking the shyt out of Bellamy propelled him to where he is today :blessed:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If Bellamy gets a flashback it will be the first One Piece canon storyline I skip...

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So...I'm about one step closer to completely giving up on expecting One Piece to have good fights. Thriller Bark was the last arc to have multi chapter fights...hell, I'd say Enies Lobby was the last arc to have numerous multi chapter fights that were undeniably good. Since the end of TB arc tho Oda's fallen into a real bad habit of either off paneling fights or making them one sided. The entire war was filled with off paneled fights, Fishman Island was completely one sided, Punk Hazard had a mix of off paneled and one sided fights, now Dressrosa where Luffy/Don Chinjao was mostly off paneled, the current Colosseum fight being being skipped around, Law being off paneled by Doflamingo/Fujitora, now Franky and Usopp being off paneled. I dunno if all this is because of his health/the breaks but its getting a little concerning.

That said I am glad Sugar was knocked and the story can move on and become more hectic, just wish Oda made Usopp shine a little by having him knock out Sugar through good planning instead of dumb luck...especially after he made Usopp look like an absolutly disgusting p*ssy earlier.

Exactly! How many off panel fights are we gonna get? And maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see Usopp, Frank, Sanji, Nami and Chopper each get a one on one that tests their new powers than watch Kyros, Rebecca, Bartolomeo and a bunch of new characters get the major fights. Law is the exception for me. This manga is about Luffy and the Strawhats, but they've pretty much gotten curb stomped every step of the way. I don't mind them taking L's, it makes sense, but they're not even putting up a fight (except for my dude Sanji, he got beat to hell but he still shined). I wanna see some damned full fight scenes, Zoro is fighting a living building right now...I wanna see that ish soon! Cats want flashbacks for Law and even Bellamy? Nah man, let's get some brawls in and worry about more flashbacks later. We already got the Tontatta history, Rebecca's life story, Kyros' life story, Don Chinjao's background, how the kingdom fell to Dofla and a brief history of that seer chick too.