Essential The Official African History Thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I know right after you left he was like :umad:

How big is the picture though? They gotta 30x40 print of this one for $99 that I wanna cop

1-the-emir-ludwig-deutsch.jpg

This nikka look trill as hell :wow:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@HoopDreams94 thx for the help..

gonna check out that garvey book especially

on a random side note....but probably appropriate because you have become one of the better posters on here when it comes to Black self consciousness....what is it with older folks and acting like its armegeddon if you do something like "grow your hair out@....just had to deal with my little sister's father(the same sis...we have different fathersl randomly bringing it up to me cause im growing my hair out for the past like 6 months....

i made some joke about how im growing out until i pay off my owed tuition(just jokingl and he starts talking about @dont give me that crap,etc .dead:

like they say they dont have an issue with afros but they love especially to joke about how your "becoming a rasta(even though u barely have an afro....

again this is random but it relates in a way...i have never seen a man like him so obsessed with my hair like he is....

even something trivial like i just mentioned....this is a deep issue in our community....its like we have poor self esteem in everything....acting all afraid at someone growing their hair out.... :wtf:

nicca fukk out of here....use that same energy u use on something like my hair and worry about your 30 year old daughter and the blonde weaves she wears regularly like underwear :camby:

use that same energy to stop spoiling my little sis because you cant be a father and preach education to her instead of buying only games for her :camby:

nerve of this negro to try and put me down talking about my hair...

i have nappy hair dumbass....obviously its gonna be "messy" after i leave work and im relaxing at home and playing with it .pacspit:

so back to the thread i was primarily interested in showing her sources of west african history since she probably knows just of egypt like alot of children... :ld:

as for you keep up the good work in the other threads about black self consciousness....

still cant believe this guy talks about me getting a haircut every second when one of his older daughters doesnt even wear her real hair :pachaha:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Black Reign

Feminization of the Black Male

I'm not quite sure what you mean by growing your hair out, in my mind thats the Troy Polamalu look.

We first have to understand that back in your step dads day, Brothers growing their hair out was an alien concept and ment one thing (gay) so you can understand his concerns.

On a side note, it's obvious he rates you as a Black Man otherwise he wouldn't try to be putting you on what he percieves as the right path.

I'm personally not 'too' sold on this notion, but then again with most assymetric forms of warfare against the black mind we never are too aware. All in all, your hair is not your consciousness, same way a Sister can wear weave but be more on game than the Sister keeping it natural.

To empower our people we have to first empower ourselves, so do whatever makes you happy and empowers you my brother.

That Queen Nzingha,The peoples Queen book is pretty good. But theres so much to choose from, My old head whos been selling African History books for 30+ years is sitting on a few thousand childrens books. Hit up amazon, you guaranteed to find tons of stuff on there. The only reason I didn't advise is it because they take a nice cut from the book owners

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
@HoopDreams94

I forgot to ask but I remember in another thread you were talking about the almoravid moorish involvement in the slave trade? could you link me any books that I could purchase that go deeper with it? A website would do too. preciate it

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
what are some good books to read that y'all would recommend on African culture in general?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good shyt brehs. Lots of reading and learning happening right now. :takedat:
I've read the first 50 pages of the book, what do you guys think?

@Don Drogo @observe

Its kinda weird because there are a few loopsoles since it was made im guesing 50s/60s

also what is interesting is the spelling of alkebulan- achelian

thoughts so far anyone?

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I've read the first 50 pages of the book, what do you guys think?

@Don Drogo @observe

Its kinda weird because there are a few loopsoles since it was made im guesing 50s/60s

also what is interesting is the spelling of alkebulan- achelian

thoughts so far anyone?

Yeah the 60's. There's been a lot of African history unearthed and new archaeological history since then so we have to keep that in mind when we read it.

for example the section discussing Ancient egypt's race controversy, these days no serious historian believes they were anything but black but back then there was a lot of tomfoolery.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
buy these three books

ffs amazon links aren't showing

precolonial black africa
african origin of civilization
civilization of barbarism

chiekh anta diop