The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real talk swimming might be the hardest thing to do. Ledecky is the goat

Real talk i be like can a nikka get a snorkel or something. I dont see how they can breathe

Daps
Sha'carri looks like she's trying to anticipate the gun, its recipe for disaster. You either tense up or flinch which can result in a false start. Not to mention depending on the starter it can be a short or long set phase. It's putting a band-aid on a bigger issue. She should be working on her reaction time. She really needs to run an indoor season and take it seriously. Run the 60m a few times. A lot of athletes don't really care about indoors, but it can provide good practice for her first 60.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sha'carri looks like she's trying to anticipate the gun, its recipe for disaster. You either tense up or flinch which can result in a false start. Not to mention depending on the starter it can be a short or long set phase. It's putting a band-aid on a bigger issue. She should be working on her reaction time. She really needs to run an indoor season and take it seriously. Run the 60m a few times. A lot of athletes don't really care about indoors, but it can provide good practice for her first 60.
Yup she got off 2 a bad start 4 sure. Oh well she got 2 more olympics while she in her prime

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
While I generally root for America first at the olympics I'm just happy to see brehs and brehettes winning period. This picture is fire.

20240804-OHT1I51031-L.jpg

Also considering the fact Japan likes to show brehs jobbing in their anime/manga to Japanese protagonists.

This wasn't one of your animes chief.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still fail to realize how saying I want my country to prioritize American athletes is xenophobic but someone in here trying to troll black Americans by saying they come here to do what we won’t take advantage of isn’t xenophobic or someone downgrading an American sprinter constantly isn’t xenophobic I guess only black americans can be xenophobic now
And you keep failing to understand that the 'poor' showing of America in the gold medal category has NOTHING to do with foreign athletes.

You are making excuses and picking low hanging fruit, but you are dead wrong. Repeating it over and over won't make it right. That's why people call it MAGA bullshyt. That's their behavior. That's why it's xenophobic. You are concern trolling about foreign athletes stealing American opportunities when it's a boldfaced lie.

After university these foreign athletes still need to hire private coaches, or use local coaches. They still have to grind. They can't use and funding from US olympic associations. America will always have access to the best facilities and doctors for training and preparation.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I still fail to realize how saying I want my country to prioritize American athletes is xenophobic but someone in here trying to troll black Americans by saying they come here to do what we won’t take advantage of isn’t xenophobic or someone downgrading an American sprinter constantly isn’t xenophobic I guess only black americans can be xenophobic now
as long as the NCAA is the feeder for olympic sports, no ones feelings about foreigners matter because schools are trying to win and they'll recruit talent wherever they can get it from. the longhorns want to beat their rivals and to be the best, so if julien alfred can get it for them they want her. same for the jamaican high school she went to. it wasn't she's not jamaican though, it was can she help us beat our rivals?