The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Sha’carri might’ve missed her window in 2021.
Her mechanics suck out the block and that’s what’s holding her back.. She gotta work on that shyt.. The chics to her right in lane 8 and 9 were ahead of her out the block and she spent time just trying to catch up.. Alfred was already gone

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Like I said if it ain't gold meh
silver ain't getting you a sit down with Mike tirico or on the front of wheaties

You think michael phelps, simone biles, katie ledecky if their hardware was silver would be as popular as they are?

Elaine, Shericka, Shelly anne, usain bolt all have individual gold medals
Eff Tirico he identifies as non-Black.

I’m NOT going to downplay a silver and bronze for TWO FIRST time Olympians for your sake. They did great and have time to get their golds in the future. Shelly has a SILVER and BRONZE in the 100, Shericka has THREE bronze and no gold OR SILVER in the 100 or 200…so what are you saying? This is Shacarri and Melissa’s FIRST olympics, smh. It’s a damn building block, they don’t get the grace though.

Lastly, who the hell was comparing Shacarri and Melissa to all of those Olympic GREATS?? No one, not me! You just a hater who’s hurt. Taking about some damn sit down with Mike Tirico and Wheaties boxes. Now all of a sudden silver and bronze doesn’t matter for 24 year old first timers.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Her mechanics suck out the block and that’s what’s holding her back.. She gotta work on that shyt.. The chics to her right in lane 8 and 9 were ahead of her out the block and she spent time just trying to catch up.. Alfred was already gone

meh Bolt rio was like dead last out of the blocks gatlin was way ahead but he was able to chase down people fast. Sometimes you can't change mechanics and you are what you are. Justin Gatlin said a great quote today - his coach (denis mitchell) told him it doesn't matter if you run 9.7 if you are trying to chase down someone who runs 9.7

Julien Alfred is just as good as sha'carri you can't run down someone who is running times you can run . Sha'carri has only ran faster than 10.72 3 times in her whole career it wasn't a given she could have beat that time even with a great start esp with the conditions of the track.

Last edited:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Eff Tirico he identifies as non-Black.

I’m NOT going to downplay a silver and bronze for TWO FIRST time Olympians for your sake. They did great and have time to get their golds in the future. Shelly has a SILVER and BRONZE in the 100, Shericka has THREE bronze and no gold OR SILVER in the 100 or 200…so what are you saying? This is Shacarri and Melissa’s FIRST olympics, smh. It’s a damn building block, they don’t get the grace though.

Lastly, who the hell was comparing Shacarri and Melissa to all of those Olympic GREATS?? No one, not me! You just a hater who’s hurt. Taking about some damn sit down with Mike Tirico and Wheaties boxes. Now all of a sudden silver and gold doesn’t matter for 24 year old first timers.
Yea breh but Shericka has run so fast before who cares about medals then

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Summer Macintosh >>>>Ledecky

We might have to set up some sort of Michael Johnson/Donovan Bailey type deal that the american can lose and quit halfway in again

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
meh Bolt rio was like dead last out of the blocks gatlin was way ahead but he was able to chase down people fast. Sometimes you can't change mechanics and you are what you are. Justin Gatlin said a great quote today - his coach (denis mitchell) told him it doesn't matter if you run 9.7 if you are trying to chase down someone who runs 9.7

Julien Alfred is just as good as sha'carri you can't run down someone who is running times you can run . Sha'carri has only ran faster than 10.72 3 times in her whole career it wasn't a given she could have beat that time even with a great start esp with the conditions of the track.

This is literally the best Julien has ever ran which is no knock to her because she’s amazing and ofc a longhorn so I’m rep but shacarri has ran faster than this multiple times she just had a terrible start that’s all it was nothing more nothing less if shacarri had an just average start she would’ve won that race