The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh so how does the relationship go the other way explain to me? Not on no divisive agenda
Universities are not self sufficient. Donors don't cover everything and the government isn't going to either. Many athletes don't get full scholarships and have to pay.

For years people in this very board complain that America universities exploit student athletes. Americans now have NIL.International students do not. Universities get more benefit from an international athlete, especially a track and field star than the athlete will get out of the deal.

That is it in a nutshell. In your world you see it as an opportunity that the foreigner should be thankful for. The implication being this is done from the goodness of America's heart.

That's bullshyt. It's a business decision. Universities pick the talent that will help them win, no matter where they come from. It's a two way transcation heavily weighted on the side of the university.

Until you realise what it is and stop thinking that this is charity, your mindset
will never change.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Universities are not self sufficient. Donors don't cover everything and the government isn't going to either. Many athletes don't get full scholarships and have to pay.

For years people in this very board complain that America universities exploit student athletes. Americans now have NIL.International students do not. Universities get more benefit from an international athlete, especially a track and field star than the athlete will get out of the deal.

That is it in a nutshell. In your world you see it as an opportunity that the foreigner should be thankful for. The implication being this is done from the goodness of America's heart.

That's bullshyt. It's a business decision. Universities pick the talent that will help them win, no matter where they come from. It's a two way transcation heavily weighted on the side of the university.

Until you realise what it is and stop thinking that this is charity, your mindset
will never change.
i never said it was charity tho and she most definitely does benefit more than Texas track and field don’t make no money like that breh she got a whole gold medal ofc im happy for her because she’s a longhorn and she’s black but to act like she didn’t benefit more is wild this isn’t football or basketball where they were making billions of dollars and not getting any benefit same goes for the French swimmer btw since people in here making it seem like I’m only talking about black people when my main gripe was the swimmers

Geordi

All Star
Daps
I cant get over the image of that tall pawg running down the American girl in the relay:damn:

wVzTWl.gif

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Big facts I’m always gon claim a longhorn also show out to the Germany breh in the decathlon who’s also a Texas longhorn

fukk it. I'm claiming all of Bron's championships and accomplishment after he left the Heat as Heat shyt too.

He learned how to lock in and win in Miami. :mjgrin: