The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Olympic 3v3 basketball, they couldn't get NBA players or top players from the big 3 for this? :dahell: Jimmer Freddette :what:
Olympic 3x3 is a joke. Just a waste of time watching unathletic flabby athletes who couldn't go far in a 5x5 career. I'm surprised it's even in Olympics. They can't be that desperate for more sports.

Daps
Team USA gymnastics :ohlawd:

Suni Lee come fůck with me
I mean....she do fukk with the brehs.

Suni-Lee-Jaylin-Smith1-copy-68da9fd68844494aa70b43fd47de7d33.jpg

10702696.jpg

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People love the Olympics because of the spectacle of it. The best athletes in the world in each sport competing against each other, representing their countries to win gold.

Sometimes when something is a spectacle, people are drawn to it even if it’s something they may not normally be invested in

For example, I know people that throw parties to watch the Super Bowl but couldn’t tell you the difference between a linebacker and a cornerback if you put a gun to their head. Because they love the spectacle of it.

Another thing is there’s only so much time people have to watch sports on a year round basis. It’s a lot easier to watch some of these different sports for 2 weeks every 4 years than to follow it consistently every year. Like I’m usually plugged in to the FIFA World Cup, Euros, Copa every 4 years but I’m not following Premier League, La Liga, Champions League or even MLS constantly like that

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Olympic 3x3 is a joke. Just a waste of time watching unathletic flabby athletes who couldn't go far in a 5x5 career. I'm surprised it's even in Olympics. They can't be that desperate for more sports.

Nah I like 3x3 the games are pretty quick and it also gives countries who don't have the depth to be able to compete
Poland, netherlands, Lithuania

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People love the Olympics because of the spectacle of it. The best athletes in the world in each sport competing against each other, representing their countries to win gold.

Sometimes when something is a spectacle, people are drawn to it even if it’s something they may not normally be invested in

For example, I know people that throw parties to watch the Super Bowl but couldn’t tell you the difference between a linebacker and a cornerback if you put a gun to their head. Because they love the spectacle of it.

Another thing is there’s only so much time people have to watch sports on a year round basis. It’s a lot easier to watch some of these different sports for 2 weeks every 4 years than to follow it consistently every year. Like I’m usually plugged in to the FIFA World Cup, Euros, Copa every 4 years but I’m not following Premier League, La Liga, Champions League or even MLS constantly like that

I've always enjoyed the olympics summer and winter. I love track and field and follow it year round but I also enjoy watching these other sports etc. just to see the best of the best compete against each other. Alot of these folks just reg cats who are just so skilled at a specific sport.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
3x3 bball has some packed crowds.

Every event I'm watching so far the crowds have been great. Watching this bmx right now and the crowd is packed. I remember in brazil there were alot of empty seats for alot of events. The french turnout reminding me of wwe when they went to lyon -

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Damn Australia scored a goal with a min left and the Dutch came back and equalized 20 seconds later :wow: