The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

Braman

Superstar
Daps
...i don't think we're pretending breh, we're just having fun :dwillhuh:

the ULTIMATE 'pretending' in sports is MARCH MADNESS.

OH REALLY, you think Xavier has a chance to beat NC State? Is that because of all the xavier games you watched this year or the indepth analysis you did on NC State :unimpressed:

everyone in america is perpin when it comes to march madness

I was just gon butt out and let yall have it pause but now you talkin crazy :heh: You can know nothing about the teams but still know the game of basketball.

That’s different from this bc yall know nothing about gymnastics, fencing, rowing etc and still watching it. I could never. Gives me flashbacks to being a kid and them summer time boring ass Saturdays when all the off brand sports come on. Wide world of sports speed walking championships :heh: It’s a sign I need to go do something better with my time then shyts be so dull and dreary

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I was just gon butt out and let yall have it pause but now you talkin crazy :heh: You can know nothing about the teams but still know the game of basketball.

That’s different from this bc yall know nothing about gymnastics, fencing, rowing etc and still watching it. I could never. Gives me flashbacks to being a kid and them summer time boring ass Saturdays when all the off brand sports come on. Wide world of sports speed walking championships :heh: It’s a sign I need to go do something better with my time then shyts be so dull and dreary
who is pretending to know about those things? Do you need to have an indepth understanding of those sports to enjoy the competition :dwillhuh:

because...to do an NCAA bracket you probably need to know more about the sport of college basketball than you do to enjoy Handball...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Its the Olympics. it’s sports entertainment. If you don’t care for it, fine, but some of us just wanna watch because of the spectacle of the games. Plenty of countries competing, that’s not something worth watching?

And it’s not like we’re watching everything. I tried watching fencing yesterday and turned it off. I’m not watching rowing.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lol that's you breh.

Even if you don't know all the rules to every sport the chance to see athletes at the top of their game is compelling enough.

Some of these sports if we had monthly competitions broadcast nationally I would watch.

I would watch track and field before I watch basketball or football at this stage.

I would easily watch volleyball if it was telecast, water polo, based in the response in the threas a few brehs from America would check out rugby if the had the opportunity.

Not everything is going to interest you, but the beauty of the Olympics is you get to see close to the full spectrum of sports and take it all in.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol that's you breh.

Even if you don't know all the rules to every sport the chance to see athletes at the top of their game is compelling enough.

Some of these sports if we had monthly competitions broadcast nationally I would watch.

I would watch track and field before I watch basketball or football at this stage.

I would easily watch volleyball if it was telecast, water polo, based in the response in the threas a few brehs from America would check out rugby if the had the opportunity.

Not everything is going to interest you, but the beauty of the Olympics is you get to see close to the full spectrum of sports and take it all in.

:blessed:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
in Table Tennis the #1 seed from China just lost in the second round to #19 from Sweden :leon:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Man that not right, Spain chick flab’s her arms up wild in the air with no contact gets the call, Puerto chick gets bumped the final possession no call.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Olympic 3v3 basketball, they couldn't get NBA players or top players from the big 3 for this? :dahell: Jimmer Freddette :what: