The Official 2024 NBA Draft Talk Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’ll take that full skill set + length over the shooting, that can be improved easier than developing the types of ability/skill he’s showing at his height/length. We also have a strong shooting coach now. I’m am extremely pleased with what I’m seeing here, I was prepared to hate on whatever they did too. Dude looks like Franz
I'll take it too. The Bulls will actually have youth and athletes running up and down the floor this year. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these guys play together tbh. Team should be hell in transition
dude's highlights look better than the frenchman who was picked at #1 this year :lupe:
One guy shot 27% from 3 and the other shot like 43%.

Risacher is easier to project because his shot is already there. They're the same age right? Throw in Holland and the other French kid that Charlotte grabbed, and Buzelis was the wing to slide. Most mocks had the kid that the Hornets picked or even Holland potentially being there for Chicago.

Last edited:
Daps

You're not getting 3 firsts in an actual stacked draft like 2025 without giving up major players/assets in return. If there was ever a draft to take multiple swings at this was the one: basically everything after the top 4 was a total crapshoot and the cost to get multiple chances in the first round was as low as it'll be this decade. Wizards played this perfectly, they still gotta actually hit on some of these picks in the next few years to execute a proper rebuild... but they've started on the correct foot 100%.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The parallels between SA/Pop and New England/Belicheck are funny.

Both like a certain type of player :mjpls:

Both lucked up into GOAT players.

Bc of that, both love to make absolutely absurd contrarian moves thinking they’re smarter than everyone else

That’s why I was a lil mad Wemby went to SA bc it once again saved Pop as a GM. Trading a first round pick for one 7 years later makes absolutely no sense. The draft is bad, but no draft is THAT bad. Not to mention the one glaring position of need was right there for you, Dillingham or topic
Topic has a torn ACL and Dillingham isnt a priority with the spurs wanting to trade for Garland. Better to get more assets. They got what they came for with Castle already

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Embiid really about to spend his last few useful years with this :mjlol:

I keep looking for highlights of this nikka and all I see is this shyt....
19695-9b78f3db3fe07f90af0f94d6f5e58eb0.jpg

@Leasy @Flight @AAKing23

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Topic has a torn ACL and Dillingham isnt a priority with the spurs wanting to trade for Garland. Better to get more assets. They got what they came for with Castle already

1. Castle is not a PG

2. Yea Topic has a acl. Yet OKC, the team that has a loaded roster and will be sonning SA the next decade, and potentially the team that forces Wemby to eventually leave SA to team up with a star….had the wherewithal to draft and stash him :mjlol:

3. The gift and curse of a weak draft is a player at 8 has a much higher chance of being the best player in the draft. I’d bet money one or both of Dillingham, topic—-or Buzelis—-turn out to be better pros than Castle

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I was gonna kill the Spurs for taking Dillingham until they did what they did. Now I feel like they traded the better PG.

Knecht falling was a gift. Washington did very well tonight. OKC killed it with Topic and Jones. Denver getting Holmes was big time.

Milwaukee reached on AJ Johnson and passed up a lot of guys who coulda contributed immediately with the upside guys mainly remaining. Maybe AJ woulda been there at 33, maybe not (I thought he would).

Only missed on 2 of the top 30 :ehh:

Memphis taking Edey was gutsy but I approve. Chicago taking Buzelis is worth a flier, but one of Buzelis /Giddey better add a jumper or one has to go.

I don't get what Detroit is doing. Buzelis can't shoot either but at least you could put him at PF. Ron Holland is just Ausar with tunnel vision.

The rest of the draft kinda made sense.