The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baseball Savant's bat tracking page is fascinating.

Fastest bat speed in the game? Giancarlo Stanton. Not surprising.
Longest swing in the game? Javier Baez. Also....not that surprising.

Having a lot of bat speed doesn't make you a great hitter (Stanton) but it certainly helps.
Having a short stroke might sound great, but it doesn't mean you're hitting the ball hard enough to be a major threat (Arraez).

As with most things, the ideal is somewhere in the middle.

Also, context does matter. Aaron Judge has one of the longer swings in baseball, but he's also 6'7.
There's probably less of a reason for Michael Harris II to have a long swing, though.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Harrison Bader is on a 1-year deal
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Baseball Savant's bat tracking page is fascinating.

Fastest bat speed in the game? Giancarlo Stanton. Not surprising.
Longest swing in the game? Javier Baez. Also....not that surprising.

Having a lot of bat speed doesn't make you a great hitter (Stanton) but it certainly helps.
Having a short stroke might sound great, but it doesn't mean you're hitting the ball hard enough to be a major threat (Arraez).

As with most things, the ideal is somewhere in the middle.

Also, context does matter. Aaron Judge has one of the longer swings in baseball, but he's also 6'7.
There's probably less of a reason for Michael Harris II to have a long swing, though.
Work was too busy today. I haven't had a chance to really dive into it, but that is for sure one of things I want to look at with some down time this weekend.

Not happy seeing the entire Pirates Team go off and Oneil Cruz deciding to not joint that party. But, I did see he apparently lived up to his bat speed with some rockets directly to the fielder.

:francis: