The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
It’s gotta suck to be an O’s or Mariners fan :skip:

Only like 2 or 3 players away from being a powerhouse but ownership is too cheap to let the Gm finish the roster :dead:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s gotta suck to be an O’s or Mariners fan :skip:

Only like 2 or 3 players away from being a powerhouse but ownership is too cheap to let the Gm finish the roster :dead:
It's strange that Seattle isn't a major market team.
Nintendo has tons of money. They spent ONCE to get Robinson Cano and that was it. They should be ...maybe not the Dodgers but close.

Baltimore...I understand that they won't ever really have Phillies or Yankees money. But they're in a position where they have to go all out. Yeah you might not win a championship for a long time so if you're in striking distance now ...you gotta take it.

Look at KC. They had a tiny window and they won theirs.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
It's strange that Seattle isn't a major market team.
Nintendo has tons of money. They spent ONCE to get Robinson Cano and that was it. They should be ...maybe not the Dodgers but close.

Baltimore...I understand that they won't ever really have Phillies or Yankees money. But they're in a position where they have to go all out. Yeah you might not win a championship for a long time so if you're in striking distance now ...you gotta take it.

Look at KC. They had a tiny window and they won theirs.
Will Harris lost that damn ALDS for us, we were supposed to take that one too but fumbled both game 6 & 7 in 15 against the Royals. We were 5 outs away from seeing the bum ass Jays in the ALCS :snoop:

And yeah the Seahawks are big in town, the Sonics were big time when they were in town, but for whatever reason the Mariners ownership (which isn’t Nintendo btw) is just being a cheap ass. They are way down in payroll but have the right players in place to compete just enough to not get high draft picks but always narrowly miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round no matter how hot the offense gets.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will Harris lost that damn ALDS for us, we were supposed to take that one too but fumbled both game 6 & 7 in 15 against the Royals. We were 5 outs away from seeing the bum ass Jays in the ALCS :snoop:

And yeah the Seahawks are big in town, the Sonics were big time when they were in town, but for whatever reason the Mariners ownership (which isn’t Nintendo btw) is just being a cheap ass. They are way down in payroll but have the right players in place to compete just enough to not get high draft picks but always narrowly miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round no matter how hot the offense gets.
Goodness I'm out of touch there.
I thought for sure Nintendo owned them. Or their owner came from Nintendo money.

My bad.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Goodness I'm out of touch there.
I thought for sure Nintendo owned them. Or their owner came from Nintendo money.

My bad.
I think that was in the early 00’s when Ichiro was hot on the block. It was them vs Disneys Angels back in the day.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Why don’t we ever hear about pitchers like Verlander or Cole asking Maddux for tips on how to throw that cutter. You would think he would be coaching some of these kids like Hakeem does with ball, dudes late tail break was extremely hard to hit and if you laid off it would catch the corners for a strike. It wasn’t even that fast of a pitch, dude sat at like 87ish basically his entire career.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dylan Crews getting called up Monday

Crews, Woods, Abrams. Nats got a lot of good young talent worth watching :ehh:

I would not be surprised if MacKenzie Gore makes a leap in 2025.

It's not that I think he's going to be a superstar. But he just needs to tweak some minor things. I really think in terms of potential he could be a top 30 pitcher in the league.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What the fukk is Baltimore wearing tonight? These jerseys are absolute trash. :what: