The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
The talent that has come through the Marlins system is up there with any organization over the last 30 years.

Mike Lowell
Miguel Cabrera
Giancarlo Stanton
Dontrelle Willis
Hanley Ramirez (maybe that's a reach)
Derek Lee (maybe that's a reach)
Christian Yelich
Jose Fernandez
Josh Beckett

There have been a lot of talent players who wore a Marlins uniform.

Talent hasn't been their problem.

Having an OF of Ozuna, Yelich and Stanton with Jose Fernandez and JT Realmuto and nothing to show for it always made me sad.

Edit: just looked up the trades and they got absolutely nobody for Yelich, Stanton and Realmuto. Looking at their ozuna trade and that could have been one of the better trades in recent memory as they got both Alcantara and Zac Gallen out of that deal but then traded gallen for Jazz who now just becomes the next name I will google in 4 years to remember who the Marlins got fleeced for in yet another trade.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't think of any great hitter that had a big ass leg kick.

Not in recent memory.
How the fukk do people still even let players do this goofy shyt?

:why:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that the deadline is over. I wonder what kinda haul the Sox get for crochet in the Off-Season? No way they bring him back after he torpedoed the deadline. I would also shut him down for the rest of the season since he's so concerned about load management. Send him home now. He cant complain to the union since he was the one who bought up the issue

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now that the deadline is over. I wonder what kinda haul the Sox get for crochet in the Off-Season? No way they bring him back after he torpedoed the deadline. I would also shut him down for the rest of the season since he's so concerned about load management. Send him home now. He cant complain to the union since he was the one who bought up the issue
He's arbitration eligible for next season and he's been amazing so I would imagine he'd get a hell of a pay increase.

But he's not a free agent until 2027.

I don't know that he could really dictate too much that he won't pitch under X-circumstances in the future without screwing himself over with the league and the union.

Let's say Crochet gets traded.
A team would have to give up considerable assets given that they would control him for another 2 years.
If Crochet insists on a long term deal ahead of free agency, he'd have to agree to some kind of discount. Because at that point his team would be bidding against themselves and they'd already have given up talent to get him.

Does Crochet want to accept a below-market deal when the bidding could be wide open when he's 28?

Maybe.
But it sounds like he really wants that security now instead of waiting for a larger payoff.

He's from Mississippi though so he likely grew up dirt poor in some shyt hole and I don't blame him too much for wanting to get some real money as soon as possible.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Having an OF of Ozuna, Yelich and Stanton with Jose Fernandez and JT Realmuto and nothing to show for it always made me sad.

Edit: just looked up the trades and they got absolutely nobody for Yelich, Stanton and Realmuto. Looking at their ozuna trade and that could have been one of the better trades in recent memory as they got both Alcantara and Zac Gallen out of that deal but then traded gallen for Jazz who now just becomes the next name I will google in 4 years to remember who the Marlins got fleeced for in yet another trade.
Jeter's fault