The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's over for dude :mjcry:

At this point he should just retire. His last good year was 2 years ago and he's had a ton of injury issues since 2019. He's not going to win anytime soon with the Angels, he's not getting younger, he's not getting healthier, and it's not like he likes the spot light.

Get out and enjoy the money. If he gets bored, he can get a gig with the weather channel

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
At this point he should just retire. His last good year was 2 years ago and he's had a ton of injury issues since 2019. He's not going to win anytime soon with the Angels, he's not getting younger, he's not getting healthier, and it's not like he likes the spot light.

Get out and enjoy the money. If he gets bored, he can get a gig with the weather channel
Trout is due over $220 million through 2030. He would be a fool to retire. :skip:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Ichiro definitely going in ballot 1
I think because the class is weak CC could possibly make it, but I think he's going to end up waiting a year or two.
Wagner was close this past year so he probably goes in.
The numbers are trending in Jones favor and he deserves to go in.

I think next year is Ichiro, Wagner are the locks
Jones if he makes up the 10% he's probably in
CC is probably going to clear 65% - but don't think he gets the 75%

I think Utley is hall of very good, but not hall of fame. I feel like if he cleared 2K hits and over 200 sbs, with his injury history he probably get graded a bit more on a curve. But since he didn't clear those. I think he's only top 10 in HR's at 2nd Base and he's not really close to top 10 in any of the others off glance.
When Mauer got in first ballot, the ball got substantially lowered. CC should definitely get in right away and Jones shoulda been in.

Felix should be in the Hall if Mauer is simply because he was in the mix for best pitcher for five-plus years.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
When Mauer got in first ballot, the ball got substantially lowered. CC should definitely get in right away and Jones shoulda been in.

Felix should be in the Hall if Mauer is simply because he was in the mix for best pitcher for five-plus years.
five years doesn't assure you of anything. For that you might as well put Gooden in.

I'd vote for CC and Ichiro.

Arod, Manny, and Andruw need to get in.
Ichiro is a lock. CC barely gets in because the pitching standards kinda have to be lowered.

A-Rod and Manny should never see Cooperstown unless they buy a ticket.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trout is due over $220 million through 2030. He would be a fool to retire. :skip:

You act like he's starving. He's made over 267 million in career earnings already, according to Google, and he can negotiate a buy out like Stephen Strasberg did with Washington.

Or he can continue to rehab, get injured, and rehab again for years on end until he finally gets sick of it

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You act like he's starving. He's made over 267 million in career earnings already, according to Google, and he can negotiate a buy out like Stephen Strasberg did with Washington.

Or he can continue to rehab, get injured, and rehab again for years on end until he finally gets sick of it
Nobody is turning down $200+ million.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
kfecjx8jmaed1.jpeg

@Remote we are vindicated. :wow:

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is turning down $200+ million.
The contract is guaranteed, he could just Barry Zito that shyt and ride the IL unofficially until it’s paid out. Or the Angels could trade him while eating 90% of the contract and at least save a few Pennie’s for whatever team wants to try to get one last squeeze of the orange.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lindor and Correa :wow:

Show some respect.

The Matt Olson fall of is crazy though
My goodness.
Somehow I thought Matt Olson was injured this whole time.

His OPS is down 300 points.

:huhldup:

His metrics suggest an obvious down year but I wouldn't think he's "finished".

He's 30 years old though and if things don't turn around for him in the 2nd half and beginning of 2025, I would be freaking out if I was a Braves fan...because he's not a free agent until 2030.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Braves should have never let Freddie Freeman leave!
:mjcry:
I was one of those that thought the same as everyone else in that he didn’t have much left in the tank. Dude is an ageless wonder

For all that shyt everyone talks about that albatross Lindor contract……he’s still producing on a fairly mid fkn team. His rbi total would be a lot higher if he had anyone to actually be on the base paths during his AB’s :pachaha: