The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The White Sox are 50 games under .500
EpmHdgZ.png
They’re the only team (12-28) with a worse record over their last 40 games than the Yankees (15-25) :huhldup:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’re the only team (12-28) with a worse record over their last 40 games than the Yankees (15-25) :huhldup:
What do you think happens this winter with Soto?

Hal Steinbrenner has shown that he's a lot cheaper than his father George, who cared about winning no matter what.

Meanwhile, for all the criticism we can pay at Steve Cohen, cheapness is not one of them.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What do you think happens this winter with Soto?

Hal Steinbrenner has shown that he's a lot cheaper than his father George, who cared about winning no matter what.

Meanwhile, for all the criticism we can pay at Steve Cohen, cheapness is not one of them.
Hal will let Cashman lowball Soto and leak the offer to the press (his go to move in negotiations and the specific tactic that nearly caused Judge to leave for the giants or padres and nearly caused Jeter to sign with Boston along with naming 5 different shortstops he’d rather have), who will leave for some other big market team and Hal will let him spend 70-100% of that money on bad players on short contracts so he can dodge the tax while claiming they had too many holes to spend on one guy like when they let cano walk and when they passed on Harper and machado only to sign a bunch of guys who suck instead of a star in his prime (only one guy they got in 2018’s offseason *DJ* is still on the team). At that point Judge and Cole need to ask out citing the team’s apathy towards winning. Once this happens his shills in the media will lash out at the fans and blame us for not appreciating the Yankees and their glorious history that most of us barely remember or didn’t experience at all. They’ll call us spoiled and unrealistic for being angry that the team won’t use its greatest resource to it’s advantage and don’t fire the GM every star player hates who turns everything he touches into shyt.

At that point it’s up to us to stop going to games until Hal sells the team. I’d settle for former marlins/expos owner Jeff Loria or even the wilpons replacing Hal at this point I have so little trust in him. Honestly Jerry Reinsdorf of the white Sox and John fisher of the A’s are the only owners I’d trust less than Hal.

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lindor in July

.297/.413/.560 OPS .973 :wow:

6 HRs

6 doubles

7 SB

18 walks/16 strikeouts

:banderas:
As soon as Cleveland put him on the trading block I wanted Cashman to go get him and even said trading Torres was a move that shouldn’t be off limits. Instead he moved Torres to shortstop and ruined him for 2 years :martin: