The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Isaac Paredes or Josh Bell to the Astros by next week would be wonderful :mjgrin:

We get a couple long relief pitchers or maybe one mid rotation guy and we will be set for the back half if we can get Verlander and Garcia back.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Hunter Greene in July

20 innings
1 ER :wow:
24 Ks :whew:
7 walks :francis:
2-0

He's getting into the 7th inning which is huge because the reds bullpen isn't great. If he can do that, the walks don't hurt as much but if he can get down to one walk or less, he could get a little more out of that arm. Might be wishful thinking but I love seeing a pitcher develop and he still has potential to get better.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Regular_P Deadline predictions?
I'm not expecting much. I don't think it's worth it to trade Flaherty (they should try to extend him) and I don't think they have the stomach to trade Skubal (which I would do if Baltimore comes correct with an offer).

None of their vets have any value.

Trips

Superstar
Daps

Ichiro definitely going in ballot 1
I think because the class is weak CC could possibly make it, but I think he's going to end up waiting a year or two.
Wagner was close this past year so he probably goes in.
The numbers are trending in Jones favor and he deserves to go in.

I think next year is Ichiro, Wagner are the locks
Jones if he makes up the 10% he's probably in
CC is probably going to clear 65% - but don't think he gets the 75%

I think Utley is hall of very good, but not hall of fame. I feel like if he cleared 2K hits and over 200 sbs, with his injury history he probably get graded a bit more on a curve. But since he didn't clear those. I think he's only top 10 in HR's at 2nd Base and he's not really close to top 10 in any of the others off glance.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Metropolitans have beaten the skanks 3/3 so far this year
a0MC2Ei.png