The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We got our boots smoked by Oregon the following week,

nikka no one but app state thought this was going to be a game, til it was a fight,

There was no notion of nc or bust til the bcs, the latter years, most of the time you shot for your conferences bowl game and a win against your rival(s)

Again you can ask any of the Michigan bro’s we not key’d up for Minnesota or Illinois, all we want is a win in spectacular fashion, but it’s not like you take anything away from these games unless your o/d gets exposed and you don’t adapt the following week to the now known issue (Don I’m talking to you)
What are you talking about? Yall went 11-1 the year before and came into that season top 5. It was 100% NC or bust.

And im not saying teams are wired up the same for every game, I’m just saying that no game is meaningless in CFB.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The Bama machine ruined the game for 7 years. No personality, mid qbs until Tua. Look at the Florida team. Look at your USC teams with Reggie. Personality, a story, etc. Bama was robot football. I'm glad about the expanded playoffs so college football can get back to being what it's supposed to be.
I always say this when that 30/30 comes out it’s going to mainly be about Saban not the players

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
What are you talking about? Yall went 11-1 the year before and came into that season top 5. It was 100% NC or bust.

And im not saying teams are wired up the same for every game, I’m just saying that no game is meaningless in CFB.

I literally said when the bcs came the focus was nc or bust, you don’t read to comprehend you read to react

And yes if your goal is nc or bust every win counts, but only because the goal is undefeated, but they matter little, until you play a team that matters, thus coaches acting like playing Chuck town southern is like playing uga, it’s only important as a means to an end not because it’s something to make a deal out of

I always say this when that 30/30 comes out it’s going to mainly be about Saban not the players

People will remember the players

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I literally said when the bcs came the focus was nc or bust, you don’t read to comprehend you read to react

And yes if your goal is nc or bust every win counts, but only because the goal is undefeated, but they matter little, until you play a team that matters, thus coaches acting like playing Chuck town southern is like playing uga, it’s only important as a means to an end not because it’s something to make a deal out of

People will remember the players
BCS had nothing to do with that. The goal of EVERY top 10 team coming into a season is a national championship.

In High School, It’s a state championship.

And I literally don’t understand how you’re sitting here saying some games don’t matter when you saw the ramifications of what losing to App State did to Michigan’s season. Even had yall ran the table they weren’t letting yall in the title game after that.