The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

They will be next after Florida and Florida St.

It’s just an old sweet song
that keeps the Buckeyes on your mind

ray-charles-bla-bla.gif

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
For me. It’s the realignment/death of rivalry games.

Hell, The death of the Pac 12 :rip:

I stand by the playoff being WAY better than the BCS era because we actually get the best teams winning in the end. I do hate how the other bowls have become meaningless but I can live with the trade off.

I don’t think it’s worse imo though because every Saturday still matters. Next year may be different but we’ll see.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve heard this take before tbh.

What makes it worse now to you?
The Bama machine ruined the game for 7 years. No personality, mid qbs until Tua. Look at the Florida team. Look at your USC teams with Reggie. Personality, a story, etc. Bama was robot football. I'm glad about the expanded playoffs so college football can get back to being what it's supposed to be.

Silkk

Daps
The Bama machine ruined the game for 7 years. No personality, mid qbs until Tua. Look at the Florida team. Look at your USC teams with Reggie. Personality, a story, etc. Bama was robot football. I'm glad about the expanded playoffs so college football can get back to being what it's supposed to be.
I get what you mean….Saban was the star of Alabama.

I don’t think it necessarily was bad for the sport just because of the great moments having a juggernaut like that allowed.

Manziel game
2019 LSU game
Games vs Deshaun
Kick Six
Etc.

There were a lot of lowlights though. 2011 & 2012 title games, undeserving heisman winners, BCS bias. But can’t hate on them for it.

Forced other schools to finally step their shyt up.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

I wonder with Saban & dude sharing agents, just how last min Saban's lil "feeling" was or if there was back channel shyt going on :ehh:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It’s just an old sweet song
that kerps the Buckeyes on your mind

ray-charles-bla-bla.gif

Yeah

I think the only song you hearing is

Buck-a-fella records get gunned up and clapped quick

For me. It’s the realignment/death of rivalry games.

Hell, The death of the Pac 12 :rip:

I stand by the playoff being WAY better than the BCS era because we actually get the best teams winning in the end. I do hate how the other bowls have become meaningless but I can live with the trade off.

I don’t think it’s worse imo though because every Saturday still matters. Next year may be different but we’ll see.

The pac dying is bad, but it’s the pacs fault, they fukked up,

Games that matter matter, others are fillers, i don’t care that we play Minnesota, long as we stomp a mud hole in their ass and nail their pelt to our wall

This, Bama marching through college football killed any regionality, sped coaching cycles up, and made everything championship oriented, but inject it in my veins

Silkk

Daps

I wonder with Saban & dude sharing agents, just how last min Saban's lil "feeling" was or if there was back channel shyt going on :ehh:

Ehhhh we never see coaches sign extensions during the season. Just smart business.

Silkk

Daps
The pac dying is bad, but it’s the pacs fault, they fukked up,

Games that matter matter, others are fillers, i don’t care that we play Minnesota, long as we stomp a mud hole in their ass and nail their pelt to our wall
There are no filler games in College Football when one L will wreck your season. You know that.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

I doubt they talked, or hell he even knew, but you never should be in a rush to sign when you got house money,let the season play out, let some moves be made, because let’s say, he says let’s run it back uw even with saban leaving, he could push to squeeze some more shyt out of the deal

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I doubt they talked, or hell he even knew, but you never should be in a rush to sign when you got house money,let the season play out, let some moves be made, because let’s say, he says let’s run it back uw even with saban leaving, he could push to squeeze some more shyt out of the deal
Could be both. Sexton is the best in the biz and likely advised him to let it play out. Sexton also could have known/felt Nick was at the end and that would open up a lot of possibilities for another client.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
There are no filler games in College Football when one L will wreck your season. You know that.

We got our boots smoked by Oregon the following week,

nikka no one but app state thought this was going to be a game, til it was a fight,

There was no notion of nc or bust til the bcs, the latter years, most of the time you shot for your conferences bowl game and a win against your rival(s)

Again you can ask any of the Michigan bro’s we not key’d up for Minnesota or Illinois, all we want is a win in spectacular fashion, but it’s not like you take anything away from these games unless your o/d gets exposed and you don’t adapt the following week to the now known issue (Don I’m talking to you)