The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Notre Dame is a shythole :manny:

As far as NIL/recruiting goes I don't see nobody talk about that shyt REMOTELY as close as you do breh.

The only time I remember people criticizing B Kelly was when he came in doing that stupid shyt with the accent. LSU has been a school that pretty much recruits itself since that title in 03 and they started keeping the talent home.
You’re obviously misinformed

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:mjlol: yeah it wasn’t the sec it was just one team, with an occasional other pop’n up
Idk what you gain from the revisionism bro lol. If LSU had as much talent as Alabama and beat Alabama multiple times in that stretch, that alone would make it more than one team. Georgia would’ve went to a natty and smoked the same ND team if Aaron Murray wasn’t smoking fent against that Alabama team. Ark was top 3 behind LSU and Alabama in 2011 and only lost to them two.

Not to mention the dudes Florida was churning out in the end of the 00s and even into Muschamp early years. I don’t see how anyone would argue the conference wasn’t a step ahead athletically if almost half the conference was moving like that.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ehhh the issue was more about the Big 10’s top two (OSU & Mich) not competing with the nation’s best. Especially with how the 06 season ended for both.

Then OSU coming back and getting beatdown by LSU then SMOKED by us in 08.

Urban really was the one to change that when he went to OSU.
This definitely played into it…for at least a half decade stretch, the coverage around other conferences, specifically the Big 10, PAC 12 and B12 was that their top dogs were missing something. Big 10 teams were too slow, PAC 12 teams were quick and small, and B12 was just pure gimmicks. Unless I’m misremembering something :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This definitely played into it…for at least a half decade stretch, the coverage around other conferences, specifically the Big 10, PAC 12 and B12 was that their top dogs were missing something. Big 10 teams were too slow, PAC 12 teams were quick and small, and B12 was just pure gimmicks. Unless I’m misremembering something :manny:
Depending on which five years you’re referring to you’re not off.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
12555794.jpeg

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Idk what you gain from the revisionism bro lol. If LSU had as much talent as Alabama and beat Alabama multiple times in that stretch, that alone would make it more than one team. Georgia would’ve went to a natty and smoked the same ND team if Aaron Murray wasn’t smoking fent against that Alabama team. Ark was top 3 behind LSU and Alabama in 2011 and only lost to them two.

Not to mention the dudes Florida was churning out in the end of the 00s and even into Muschamp early years. I don’t see how anyone would argue the conference wasn’t a step ahead athletically if almost half the conference was moving like that.

Lsu wasn’t beating Bama multiple times stop that, Florida had a run then Nick got that thing rolling, and outside the two years auburn fell into it and that magical year les got him one in 07 or something it was all Bama, uga had some good teams but again you naming Fla uga Bama and lsu the usual suspects, wasn’t nobody worried about them pips of the sec, stop that disingenuous conversation of the sec was a gauntlet

A lot of the “gimmick” the big 12 ran became a lot of current teams offense, quietly a lot of the innovation of the spread and its iterations is because the big 12

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Lsu wasn’t beating Bama multiple times stop that, Florida had a run then Nick got that thing rolling, and outside the two years auburn fell into it and that magical year les got him one in 07 or something it was all Bama, uga had some good teams but again you naming Fla uga Bama and lsu the usual suspects, wasn’t nobody worried about them pips of the sec, stop that disingenuous conversation of the sec was a gauntlet
SCAR
Mizz
Ole Miss
Miss St
Ark

All had some pretty good runs at one point during that time.

And LSU definitely had as much talent as Bama. Les Miles was just a fuccking idiot who didn't know shyt about offense.

That 2011 team would be one of the GOATs if that idiot could've just had a sliver of an offense put together :snoop: