The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
lol.. lefties are so rare. I looked at his throwing motion compared to Vicks.

They both throw good deep balls (pause)

and they both seemed to fling the ball at times

Penix motion is whats throwing me off. Its more side armed. Vick was more traditional.

I havent seen where scouts said his motion is a problem at all.

I'll be honest, I don’t follow The draft at all, I really don’t care For it, so I'm not sure if Penix's mechanics are even an issue to the NFL. It just looks odd to me.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
He still beat y’all 3 years in a row, and has a NC,

“Don't make records to disrespect me blatant or indirectly”

As u would say, we ain't talkin about that tho. We talkin bout "QB wins" being posted when said QB had ya entire playoff run in jeopardy at one point.

Shyt, the entire back half of the season. & Y'all out here masquerading wit it sayin' it's 'yall body, y'all choice" & y'all like demoralizing teams like you have the option lol. It's ok. He helped u win the chip 👏🏾 but u not gonna see me anywhere talmbout Craig Krenzel won however many games in a row or is the best QB ever for the school :hubie:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I think JJ is a great QB. He has made some elite throws. I do think Harbaugh/play calling protects him some bc he can also make some errors (Tcu last year).

I don't necessarily think he's elite as far as stats, but again that's bc it isn't necessarily required in order to win.

If the ground game is working, why bother throwing the ball?

Sort of like Aikman on the 90s cowboys...he can and did win games, but he leaned more on the O-Line & elite running game. Aikman wasn't often throwing for 300+ yards.

I got wrecked on twitter for saying JJ was as good or better than the other QBs in the playoffs and look how that turned out.

Youse a funny nicca

5u69LPe.gif

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
As u would say, we ain't talkin about that tho. We talkin bout "QB wins" being posted when said QB had ya entire playoff run in jeopardy at one point.

Shyt, the entire back half of the season. & Y'all out here masquerading wit it sayin' it's 'yall body, y'all choice" & y'all like demoralizing teams like you have the option lol. It's ok. He helped u win the chip 👏🏾 but u not gonna see me anywhere talmbout Craig Krenzel won however many games in a row or is the best QB ever for the school :hubie:

I think he has the ability to pass, but he was never asked to do that much, being able to turn around and hand it off is a luxury few teams know, and is the recipe for a lot of teams great runs, you seen some 1:1 throws from the kid so you know it’s there, but like Felder says, if you never work the muscles how can they get stronger, I’m sure it’s some limitations too, but how many qbs would you trust to not throw you out of a game ? I’m sure it’s gon be some high side nikkas who act as if JJ is a God, but he got the job done, after a nfl stint the nikka could easily get a car dealership like ol craig

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

he couldn't get a Power 4 scholly? :dahell:

Unless it’s some circumstances, nikkas be getting pushed into stars and don’t be all that, kid gotta be hot gabage cuz he ain’t even hit like a Minnesota, The arizonas, Utah, hell even Colorado, or some team who desperate for p5 bodies, hope he got his degree

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Unless it’s some circumstances, nikkas be getting pushed into stars and don’t be all that, kid gotta be hot gabage cuz he ain’t even hit like a Minnesota, The arizonas, Utah, hell even Colorado, or some team who desperate for p5 bodies, hope he got his degree
only thing I can think of is wanting to be closer to home I guess

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meh, more kids need to transfer down or stay at the G5 school they're at if it means more reps/playing time imo. we've seen plenty of nikkas transfer from one P5 to another and still not get any time, I think the UNLV QB should have just stayed where he was at but we shall see how it plays out.