The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm a hater but I can be objective

It's tax season nicca, earn ya gotdamn pay. U ain't put a full day's work in all last yr and u already half assin' in 24' wit just 10 days in. Can I get 1 work day outta u, slim, just 1! Pretty pls??
full

I think he has the ability to pass, but he was never asked to do that much, being able to turn around and hand it off is a luxury few teams know, and is the recipe for a lot of teams great runs, you seen some 1:1 throws from the kid so you know it’s there, but like Felder says, if you never work the muscles how can they get stronger, I’m sure it’s some limitations too, but how many qbs would you trust to not throw you out of a game ? I’m sure it’s gon be some high side nikkas who act as if JJ is a God, but he got the job done, after a nfl stint the nikka could easily get a car dealership like ol craig

And the times he was asked to do much, he looked crazy :gucci: .

Trust and believe, if JJ Mccarthy is the 4th best QB in the draft, then you're next at 5th. He def has hit some throws that made me go wtf just happened but shyt, so did Kyle. A lot of his stuff lacked touch or had your WRs adjusting. And when he had to play top defenses toward the back end of the season, the middle of the field was all but eliminated for y'all b/c of him. I def see some high C2 cognition scores in his future.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
meh, more kids need to transfer down or stay at the G5 school they're at if it means more reps/playing time imo. we've seen plenty of nikkas transfer from one P5 to another and still not get any time, I think the UNLV QB should have just stayed where he was at but we shall see how it plays out.

I think more kids reach or could stand to get they feet wet and transfer up, but sometimes having a program with money to burn in getting you together physically and practice wise is priceless

It's tax season nicca, earn ya gotdamn pay. U ain't put a full day's work in all last yr and u already half assin' in 24' wit just 10 days in. Can I get 1 work day outta u, slim, just 1! Pretty pls??
full

And the times he was asked to do much, he looked crazy :gucci: .

Trust and believe, if JJ Mccarthy is the 4th best QB in the draft, then you're next at 5th. He def has hit some throws that made me go wtf just happened but shyt, so did Kyle. A lot of his stuff lacked touch or had your WRs adjusting. And when he had to play top defenses toward the back end of the season, the middle of the field was all but eliminated for y'all b/c of him. I def see some high C2 cognition scores in his future.

I think it’s because he doesn’t get a lot of opportunities to flex the muscles needed to get that touch, and bullshyt he was eating the middle up, the issue was deep touch throws because of lack of game reps, hence me saying if he goes to a team that eases him in, and works him through his paces JJ could be really good, again I’m not banging the table to say he’s some world beater, he’s a good to great qb

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Imagine shytting on a QB who never lost to you :mjlol: :dead:. He left those fakkits in tears at home in 22:mjlol:. Here's a reminder

:banderas:
Now go study Will Howard highlights &hope he can complete 65% of his passes :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I think more kids reach or could stand to get they feet wet and transfer up, but sometimes having a program with money to burn in getting you together physically and practice wise is priceless

I think it’s because he doesn’t get a lot of opportunities to flex the muscles needed to get that touch, and bullshyt he was eating the middle up, the issue was deep touch throws because of lack of game reps, hence me saying if he goes to a team that eases him in, and works him through his paces JJ could be really good, again I’m not banging the table to say he’s some world beater, he’s a good to great qb

He made maybe a handful of throws there. Maybe. And that's truth just off of how many times he threw in all those games fr. It looked far diff than earlier in the year----maybe u talking bout those 👀. He needs to go sit somewhere regardless tho. Ain't no going to no Patriots, Bears or sum shyt like that and manning mo ship right away.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Imagine shytting on a QB who never lost to you :mjlol: :dead:. He left those fakkits in tears at home in 22:mjlol:. Here's a reminder

:banderas:
Now go study Will Howard highlights &hope he can complete 65% of his passes :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Cool

Still more than likely to pan out to be just a guy in the league, if that and was not the reason y'all won your last few games:yeshrug:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think JJ is a great QB. He has made some elite throws. I do think Harbaugh/play calling protects him some bc he can also make some errors (Tcu last year).

I don't necessarily think he's elite as far as stats, but again that's bc it isn't necessarily required in order to win.

If the ground game is working, why bother throwing the ball?

Sort of like Aikman on the 90s cowboys...he can and did win games, but he leaned more on the O-Line & elite running game. Aikman wasn't often throwing for 300+ yards.

I got wrecked on twitter for saying JJ was as good or better than the other QBs in the playoffs and look how that turned out.
JJ would have been exposed if that run game failed him, fortunately for him there were only a handful of those instances in his career, but yeah son is trash.

Last edited: