The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
You might be right, but i don’t listen to authority well so more obnoxious it is

One of my Day 1's is a proud UofM alum, he lost his mother over the summer. I take solace knowing this season has been infinitely helpful to him and his family getting through a difficult time.

I know he would've been in rough shape had yall lost.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Man gtfoh with that propaganda mayne. Stop disrespecting ya boy no-deCorum and yal defense like that. Bum ass QB on sum Trent Dilfer shyt:hhh:

He’s what we call a hander offer :buckPhil:

He still beat y’all 3 years in a row, and has a NC,

“Don't make records to disrespect me blatant or indirectly”

Daps
Reppin
Chi
He still beat y’all 3 years in a row, and has a NC,

“Don't make records to disrespect me blatant or indirectly”

I think JJ is a great QB. He has made some elite throws. I do think Harbaugh/play calling protects him some bc he can also make some errors (Tcu last year).

I don't necessarily think he's elite as far as stats, but again that's bc it isn't necessarily required in order to win.

If the ground game is working, why bother throwing the ball?

Sort of like Aikman on the 90s cowboys...he can and did win games, but he leaned more on the O-Line & elite running game. Aikman wasn't often throwing for 300+ yards.

I got wrecked on twitter for saying JJ was as good or better than the other QBs in the playoffs and look how that turned out.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I think JJ is a great QB. He has made some elite throws. I do think Harbaugh/play calling protects him some bc he can also make some errors (Tcu last year).

I don't necessarily think he's elite as far as stats, but again that's bc it isn't necessarily required in order to win.

If the ground game is working, why bother throwing the ball?

Sort of like Aikman on the 90s cowboys...he can and did win games, but he leaned more on the O-Line & elite running game. Aikman wasn't often throwing for 300+ yards.

I got wrecked on twitter for saying JJ was as good or better than the other QBs in the playoffs and look how that turned out.
Can JJ get drafted over any of them??

Michigan was a well put together experienced team.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Draft status is so relative, i don’t think he has the physical gifts like Caleb or the down to down accuracy of maye/pennix, so no he’s not going before them, but if you need a solid qb to make good reads and progress the offense, then he’s your guy, he’s made some 1:1 throws not many can make, so idk what he truly is with more work and practice on tossing that thang

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Draft status is so relative, i don’t think he has the physical gifts like Caleb or the down to down accuracy of maye/pennix, so no he’s not going before them, but if you need a solid qb to make good reads and progress the offense, then he’s your guy, he’s made some 1:1 throws not many can make, so idk what he truly is with more work and practice on tossing that thang
ok.. but you just described most college QB's on stellar championship college teams. From AJ Mcarron to Mac Jones to Stetson Bennett and and some in between I cant think of off hand. The list is long..

Is it more of the players around them or them leading the team?

Daps
Reppin
Chi

He's white and "looks the part" so he'll be drafted above Penix & Milroe

Penix is already 3 years older and I don’t like His mechanics

Milroe isn't eligible and needs to develop. He holds the ball far too long. That internal pressure countdown isn't there yet.

Never been a huge Ewers fan but he can make throws. Is he even eligible? I thought he was a true soph?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
He's white and "looks the part" so he'll be drafted above Penix & Milroe

Penix is already 3 years older and I don’t like His mechanics

Milroe isn't eligible and needs to develop. He holds the ball far too long. That internal pressure countdown isn't there yet.

Never been a huge Ewers fan but he can make throws. Is he even eligible? I thought he was a true soph?

lol.. lefties are so rare. I looked at his throwing motion compared to Vicks.

They both throw good deep balls (pause)

and they both seemed to fling the ball at times

Penix motion is whats throwing me off. Its more side armed. Vick was more traditional.

I havent seen where scouts said his motion is a problem at all.