The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Florida isn't a blue blood like Texas, Bama, Michigan, ohio state, USC, OU etc, but it can be a power house with competent coaching, but can see some bad times.

Just like Miami, FSU, Tennessee, UGA, LSU and other top programs that aren't "blue bloods".

I feel like Florida there 3 nc in the past couple decades

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
You said Texas is a Powerhouse program but Florida isn't.......lol
Because they are Texas is the 4 most wins of all time which is more than USC. They have the 7th highest win percentage of all time not including Boise state and Kennesaw State because they both have under 60 years in d1 football. If they aren’t a powerhouse then what is compared to Florida who’s way down there by Washington and Texas am in win percentage and actually below Washington and Texas am in total wins

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
There's only 8 blue blood schools. And even many of them weren't shyt outside of 2-3 coaches.
Breh outside of those two coaches they was mostly winning 6-8 games at most the occasional year they would win 10 games maybe 11 all I’m saying is Billy living up to what the coaches outside of them have done

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Breh outside of those two coaches they was mostly winning 6-8 games at most the occasional year they would win 10 games maybe 11 all I’m saying is Billy living up to what the coaches outside of them have done
Zook, Muschamp, Macelwain,and Mullen never had back to back losing seasons.

The florida teams (miami and FSU included) were ass for much of the early 20th century because it was the least populated state for a while before development boomed. Look at history, during the civil war Florida was the most backwoods backwater state. It wasn't until air conditioning became widespread and development started booming in the 70s that the population grew and the talent pool started to grow.

Miami won a few chips in the 80s. Florida had one vacated because of scandals in the 80s, and won 3 from 96-08. FSU won 3 from 93-2013.

Looking at the past 30-40 years, Florida schools have a much higher ceiling than they did in the 1930s-40s. Like I said, Minnesota was a powerhouse back then.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Because they are Texas is the 4 most wins of all time which is more than USC. They have the 7th highest win percentage of all time not including Boise state and Kennesaw State because they both have under 60 years in d1 football. If they aren’t a powerhouse then what is compared to Florida who’s way down there by Washington and Texas am in win percentage and actually below Washington and Texas am in total wins
Bro, I do not care about football stats and titles from 80 years ago where there were 20 teams. Talk to me about modern times. Texas has one national title since 1971 and spent the majority of their time in the Big 12 being dominated by Oklahoma.

Texas has FOUR conference titles the past 30 years.......4 Bro :comeon:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Bro, I do not care about football stats and titles from 80 years ago where there were 20 teams. Talk to me about modern times. Texas has one national title since 1971 and spent the majority of their time in the Big 12 being dominated by Oklahoma.

Minnesota is a blue blood, they got 7 claimed and 2 unclaimed nattys

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Listen I'm not saying Florida should be Spurrier or Urban level every year, but Napier is 11-14 (7-14 against P5 teams) which is absolute garbage. Florida should never be that bad either.Mullen left the program in poor shape, but that really should only give a pass for a year (especially with the portal now). No excuse for having a losing season in year 2. He couldn't get 7 wins in year 2? Is that unreasonable?

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

Oklahoma has never dominated Texas even an OU fan would tell you that and my point which still stands is he doing exactly what every other coach has done at Florida outside of them two guys

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Oh definitely. He was one of the hottest coaches in the game, and hasn't progressed Minnesota at all. At this rate he's gonna have to thug it out at a Mississippi State or lower, or wazu or something...then hope he gets some wins for a future job.

In our darkest days I was damn near suggesting he takes Harbaughs job :huhldup:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Listen I'm not saying Florida should be Spurrier or Urban level every year, but Napier is 11-14 (7-14 against P5 teams) which is absolute garbage. Florida should never be that bad either.Mullen left the program in poor shape, but that really should only give a pass for a year (especially with the portal now). No excuse for having a losing season in year 2. He couldn't get 7 wins in year 2? Is that unreasonable?
nikka got spanked by Kentucky twice and lost to Vandy and he think that's a "pretty good" job :skip:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
the portal players not coming to a sorry ass Florida team he had to build through recruiting.