The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It’s to turn a phrase, programs will need a gm type to keep track of the money, be the decision maker of who gets more based on whatever criteria and plan fiscally for multiple years
A lot of programs already have a GM but they are more responsible for recruiting/scouting than handling the money. In the one instance I know of, the head coach is ultimately making the decision(s) on how the money is being allocated for the current cycle. Planning ahead is mostly handled by the guys involved with the collectives.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
You can compare the playoff game they just played against each other though where DeBoer beat Sark with less talent
First I think you underrating Washington and overrating Texas a bit. Washington had 3 players taken in the top 20 and 7 I think in the first two days. And the playoff game was super close even without our best offensive player if we have brooks that game goes totally different. Texas was like 3-4 inches away from walking off with a win.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You can compare the playoff game they just played against each other though where DeBoer beat Sark with less talent
Less talent based on??? I'm not sure anyone here would trade Penix and that group of WRs for Ewers and his group. If I recall correctly UW also had the best line in the country. Not sure there was a big difference on defense either. So what am I missing?

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Less talent based on??? I'm not sure anyone here would trade Penix and that group of WRs for Ewers and his group. If I recall correctly UW also had the best line in the country. Not sure there was a big difference on defense either. So what am I missing?
Definitely tbh I and most Texas fans were surprised and happy we even made the playoffs. We all thought we were a year away

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Based on rankings and perception. Texas has more “talented” players top to bottom on their roster than Washington. DeBoer and his staff just got the most out of a bunch of 3 star players

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Those players were not a bunch of 3 stars lmaoo
They had some highly ranked players obviously but the majority of their roster was made up of 3 star or lower 4 star players. Penix was a 3 star, Johnson was 3 star, Polk 3 star, Culp 3 star. Not saying they performed like 3 star players but Texas has obviously recruited a lot better than Washington has which means they should have more talent.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
calling out ksu for trying to get his qb

cbfb3eeb-66de-475f-804e-bd079b309ff0_text.gif

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
They had some highly ranked players obviously but the majority of their roster was made up of 3 star or lower 4 star players. Penix was a 3 star, Johnson was 3 star, Polk 3 star, Culp 3 star. Not saying they performed like 3 star players but Texas has obviously recruited a lot better than Washington has which means they should have more talent.
Texas hasn’t recruited well that’s why we sucked those guys were mostly skill position guys. And I’ll give you that but my counterpoint would be that Washington was vastly more experienced than Texas we had multiple freshman and sophomores starting

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Based on rankings and perception. Texas has more “talented” players top to bottom on their roster than Washington. DeBoer and his staff just got the most out of a bunch of 3 star players
Not sure when y'all are going to learn those rankings don't really mean jack shyt and even less so when a player has spent 4-5 years in college. Also not sure how you could have watched Texas in previous years and thought the team was stacked with talent. We had multiple glaring holes on the roster

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Not sure when y'all are going to learn those rankings don't really mean jack shyt and even less so when a player has spent 4-5 years in college. Also not sure how you could have watched Texas in previous years and thought the team was stacked with talent. We had multiple glaring holes on the roster
I’m saying. Most of that “talent” was WRs and corners that were busts

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Well a 5th year senior with 3, projected 1st round wrs, Remington o line, sounds like a good offense to me where were them day one Texas defenders ??? The Dt ?? Come on man you don’t have to be such a Homer

calling out ksu for trying to get his qb

When a rich nikka want you….