The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Sark took a 0-12 team and made them decent then left lmao when Chris made the first CFP them Guys was sark guys same with dude who came after sark at usc he won with sark guys don’t do that. Idk why you be hating on Sark 🤣
If that is the case…..Why didn’t he win with his own guys? :what:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Death Valley on a Saturday night is the closest thing to God
:whew:

The closest thing to God is a light skin gul :ufdup:
Bonus if she can cook

Sark took a 0-12 team and made them decent then left lmao when Chris made the first CFP them Guys was sark guys same with dude who came after sark at usc he won with sark guys don’t do that. Idk why you be hating on Sark 🤣

Sark got a lot better once he controlled the bottle, and went through saban finishing school

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If that is the case…..Why didn’t he win with his own guys? :what:
Can you give me an example of someone that took over a dead program and then won big within 5 years? He did win with his own guys but right when he was getting that program rolling he took another job. You ignore that Washington went 0-12 prior to Sark's arrival and it isn't in a talent rich state or area. He left Washington with a winning record yet you claim he couldn't win with his own guys. :skip:

And your school hired him away from Washington, and under what premise do you think they hired him on? He pretty much held serve his transition year and then got lost on the sauce.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
As I understand, Juju Lewis’s dad came back to the table and hiked the price up like Marlo. I think that’s also what gave Colorado and Indiana real ins to his recruitment. Idk about USC, but I’m pretty sure it’s something crazy as compared to what Auburn offered

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Sark at 3 is hilarious. 10 years as a head coach at Washington, USC, and Texas and only One 10+ win season.

I think Kiffen has proven he's better than Sark at this point imo. So is Stoops and Hugh Freeze for sure.

Shid add Doboer too, We saw what Sark did not only at Washington but also USC.
At what point do we expose you as getting money under the table from Freeze :dahell: You may be the only non-Auburn dude I’ve seen gassing that guy up like this

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Can you give me an example of someone that took over a dead program and then won big within 5 years? He did win with his own guys but right when he was getting that program rolling he took another job. You ignore that Washington went 0-12 prior to Sark's arrival and it isn't in a talent rich state or area. He left Washington with a winning record yet you claim he couldn't win with his own guys. :skip:

And your school hired him away from Washington, and under what premise do you think they hired him on? He pretty much held serve his transition year and then got lost on the sauce.
They never acknowledge that he had to totally rebuild Washington from the ground up

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
You can’t even compare sark at Washington to DeBoer at Washington lmao. That’s disingenuous.

Why? Cuz he took over a mid team I'm guessing? To be fair, Deboer had to deal with some monsters in Penix/Caleb, etc.

Maybe the portal gave him more of an advantage too (better argument then the former at least) but he still ran it up in a short time period.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Why? Cuz he took over a mid team I'm guessing? To be fair, Deboer had to deal with some monsters in Penix/Caleb, etc.

Maybe the portal gave him more of an advantage too (better argument then the former at least) but he still ran it up in a short time period.
Because one took over a 0-12 team the other took over a 4-8 team and both hella talent just bad coaching. They both good coaches imo just different circumstances

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Salary cap era?? Where is this notion coming from?

It could only be regulated so much because money(NIL) doesn't just come from the schools. You have collectives and also corporate sponsorship. That can't be regulated and even if the NCAA tried they'd be sued and lose. So maybe you can cap how much the schools can pay but they can't cap shyt else. So that really doesn't change much.

It’s to turn a phrase, programs will need a gm type to keep track of the money, be the decision maker of who gets more based on whatever criteria and plan fiscally for multiple years

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Juju Lewis is overrated as hell at this point and not worth all the trouble. Teams like Auburn and Colorado are desperate though.