The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Alabama DB Devonta Smith on HC Kalen DeBoer: “He’s a cool dude. He met with me for two hours and it wasn’t just about football. He wants to get to know us. Any of these cats that are thinking about leaving need to meet with him immediately and if they still want to leave then they are idiots, and we don’t need them.”

This is my safety.
We’re fine
Downs is great but he’s just a safety which is the least important position on the field and we have some good players ready to prove themselves. Not like the cupboard is bare.
Nah he was still getting beat a lot. He’s too big and slow. I’m not worried about our offense. We just need to pick up some DBs in the spring portal and we’ll be fine.

bagdad-bob.jpg

:mjlol:

Last edited:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
TBH, Bama might've been better off with Saban going the Coach K route and announcing his plans to retire before the season starts. That would've given them time to recruit and recoup after any losses in the transfer portal, recruiting etc.

But that probably would've only worked if he was promoting internally and his successor was announced at the same time too.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
The tampering going on is wild. Iowa already CB'd for Proctor and Ohio flying down to see Downs before he even officially entered the portal. Alabama being penalized for making the playoff/having a coach leave with only the spring portal to recoup.

The FSU sanctions are a joke idc.

vino

Superstar
Daps
The tampering going on is wild. Iowa already CB'd for Proctor and Ohio flying down to see Downs before he even officially entered the portal. Alabama being penalized for making the playoff/having a coach leave with only the spring portal to recoup.

The FSU sanctions are a joke idc.

That’s not tampering from Iowa, he from Iowa and wanted to go there prior to Saban retiring.