The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Mack ran to Joe Jamail to block the hiring of Saban and kill the deal. If not for that Saban would have likely been the next coach at Texas. I know @dtownreppin214 gets flack for making that thread way back when but the deal was essentially done until Joe pulled his money out on account of Mack. And with that said the booster "issue" is one of the most overstated myths about UT. It's time for y'all to let that go.

We haven't been able to win because Charlie Strong was not a good coach, and Tom Herman wasn't that much better and we haven't been able to hit on a QB since Colt McCoy prior to Ewers arrival. Ain't got shyt to do with booster control. Some of you thought Sark sucked as a coach but in year 3 he made the playoffs. Did the booster issue magically go away last year?

Institutional alignment was yall issue, multiple podcast have spoke on it, which was why “allegedly” Charlie had issues getting things he needed,(players). But let’s grant you that, it wasn’t an issue, Mack won the big 12 what 2-3 times his whole time there colt and Vince made Mack, i knew sark needed time, and he’s already on a roll, winning makes everyone happy, but i don’t doubt for one minute it’s not 80 egos in yall camp

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CFB_PlayoffBracket%E2%80%93Article.png

vino

Superstar
Daps
Definitely not predicting that but if they can't tackle still it's possible

Getting Nebraska late in the season about to be a problem for teams. Especially, as Raiola get comfortable. They had a top 15 defense last year too.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I think people are sleeping on Colorado, I think people are too emotionally invested to give them an objective POV

The conversations teeter on extremes on both ends, that said idk what tf Colorado will be, i know lil Deion likes to hold onto the ball, and that’s not conducive to the west coast system, i know timing is paramount, so we gotta see how that meshes with his style and all these new wrs. Idk what to expect

11-1 was Deion season before that. I guess we can skip over that huh.

Come on now…

Getting Nebraska late in the season about to be a problem for teams. Especially, as Raiola get comfortable. They had a top 15 defense last year too.

Not sure what to think of the young fella, but typically Matt teams improve year by year, so they may be tough this year

That’s the thing I’m still confused about with people saying Shark has turned it around at Texas, it’s been one good year. Turning it around involves sustain success over a period of time

5-7
8-5
12-2

That’s at least trending in the right direction

vino

Superstar
Daps
The conversations teeter on extremes on both ends, that said idk what tf Colorado will be, i know lil Deion likes to hold onto the ball, and that’s not conducive to the west coast system, i know timing is paramount, so we gotta see how that meshes with his style and all these new wrs. Idk what to expect

Come on now…

Alright so when coaches jump from FCS or NAIA or JUCO. Them records don’t count? You know Incan name coaches people just gloat about how great/good they are.

Also, Sheduer doesn’t hold on to the ball. You’re saying he had time to throw but chose to hold the ball? The analyst say he had the worst o-line in CFB. They were running choice routes with a janky line and wr’s all still learning each other. They now have a top wr core and bigger rb’s. I think Isaiah Augustave will do great in the big 12 along with Dallan Hayes.

Linemen won’t be problem though. Here’s one for the future.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Alright so when coaches jump from FCS or NAIA or JUCO. Them records don’t count? You know Incan name coaches people just gloat about how great/good they are.

Also, Sheduer doesn’t hold on to the ball. You’re saying he had time to throw but chose to hold the ball? The analyst say he had the worst o-line in CFB. They were running choice routes with a janky line and wr’s all still learning each other. They now have a top wr core and bigger rb’s. I think Isaiah Augustave will do great in the big 12 along with Dallan Hayes.

Linemen won’t be problem though. Here’s one for the future.

It’s a difference in winning at like Missouri st and being at jackson st with 3 stars vs 1 stars of your competition, again that’s not deions fault, but whoopin the all boys jv debate team week in and out, and then when the competition was some what even he had trouble.

Meh let’s agree to disagree on holding it too long, the point still is, west coast is timing based so hopefully the guys gel, i still don’t know what to expect from Colorado but time will tell

Daps
Mack ran to Joe Jamail to block the hiring of Saban and kill the deal. If not for that Saban would have likely been the next coach at Texas. I know @dtownreppin214 gets flack for making that thread way back when but the deal was essentially done until Joe pulled his money out on account of Mack. And with that said the booster "issue" is one of the most overstated myths about UT. It's time for y'all to let that go.

We haven't been able to win because Charlie Strong was not a good coach, and Tom Herman wasn't that much better and we haven't been able to hit on a QB since Colt McCoy prior to Ewers arrival. Ain't got shyt to do with booster control. Some of you thought Sark sucked as a coach but in year 3 he made the playoffs. Did the booster issue magically go away last year?
Sark was always a great coach he was just an alcoholic. Tom had some good years for US but he just refused to recruit the o and d line and it killed us