The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Mack ran to Joe Jamail to block the hiring of Saban and kill the deal. If not for that Saban would have likely been the next coach at Texas. I know @dtownreppin214 gets flack for making that thread way back when but the deal was essentially done until Joe pulled his money out on account of Mack. And with that said the booster "issue" is one of the most overstated myths about UT. It's time for y'all to let that go.

We haven't been able to win because Charlie Strong was not a good coach, and Tom Herman wasn't that much better and we haven't been able to hit on a QB since Colt McCoy prior to Ewers arrival. Ain't got shyt to do with booster control. Some of you thought Sark sucked as a coach but in year 3 he made the playoffs. Did the booster issue magically go away last year?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Texas boosters didn't get in the way, they should have been on the same level as Bama for the last two decades :yeshrug:. One of the premier programs in the country in a talent rich state. There is no excuse for them to been mediocre since losing Mack, especially in the Big 12. Let's see if Stark can keep them relevant in the SEC.

:scust:Texas is one of those schools that considered a blue blood based on their resources and potential. In my lifetime, that program wasn’t shyt before and after Mack Brown. They are now finally getting it together in recent years.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

Hasn't been this much energy around the program in a long time. Auburn fans really thought we was about to drop down to their status :mjlol:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

1) That shyt was FOURTEEN years ago :old:

2)

I'ma need a wellness check on @smitty22 Cause he swore that hammer was comin. :mjgrin: Poor little fella bet all $110 in his savings on it too. :francis:

Mrs. Smitty bout to run for the hills.

Way overdue if you ask some. :sas2: