The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
this big ten beef is 24/7/365. In fact, for no reason at all while i'm here, fukk sparty :manny: @NormanConnors @Whips-n-Chains
full

Noted my nikka 😑
lilreese.gif

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
If Texas boosters didn't get in the way, they should have been on the same level as Bama for the last two decades :yeshrug:. One of the premier programs in the country in a talent rich state. There is no excuse for them to been mediocre since losing Mack, especially in the Big 12. Let's see if Stark can keep them relevant in the SEC.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If Texas boosters didn't get in the way, they should have been on the same level as Bama for the last two decades :yeshrug:. One of the premier programs in the country in a talent rich state. There is no excuse for them to been mediocre since losing Mack, especially in the Big 12. Let's see if Stark can keep them relevant in the SEC.
If not for Mack they would’ve had Saban way back when.

Looks like they’ve finally found the right guy/QBs in Sark & Quinn/Arch. We’ll see how it goes in the SEC though. Always thought they should’ve had similar success in the Big 12 as OU but now both must start anew so we’ll see how things go…

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
If not for Mack they would’ve had Saban way back when.

Looks like they’ve finally found the right guy/QBs in Sark & Quinn/Arch. We’ll see how it goes in the SEC though. Always thought they should’ve had similar success in the Big 12 as OU but now both must start anew so we’ll see how things go…
Did Mack c-block Saban from getting the job? I completely forgot that Texas was trying to pull him from Bama. Or maybe Saban was just using them to get more $$$ from the Tide?

Silkk

Daps
Did Mack c-block Saban from getting the job? I completely forgot that Texas was trying to pull him from Bama. Or maybe Saban was just using them to get more $$$ from the Tide?
Mack did something to block it.

I’ll find it tomorrow. Bout to take to my ass to sleep lol

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

2 big 12 chips with Mack at the HC position, like i said on the pod, Mack owe Vince a check everytime he gets paid. But the biggest issue for saban was institutional alignment and everyone wanna be the hnic, and he knew he’d never be able to do what he did at Bama with the money divided and fighting each other at Texas

They’re Texas they will always be relevant and are better than the bottom of the sec and most of the pack, i suspect some teams will get close maybe even steal one one day

Nah like i said above he knew everyone wouldn’t get on the same page he knew the money wasn’t worth it

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
2 big 12 chips with Mack at the HC position, like i said on the pod, Mack owe Vince a check everytime he gets paid. But the biggest issue for saban was institutional alignment and everyone wanna be the hnic, and he knew he’d never be able to do what he did at Bama with the money divided and fighting each other at Texas

They’re Texas they will always be relevant and are better than the bottom of the sec and most of the pack, i suspect some teams will get close maybe even steal one one day

Nah like i said above he knew everyone wouldn’t get on the same page he knew the money wasn’t worth it
Saban did get a bump from Bama after the Texas flirting if I recalled correctly. In my opinion, it didn't make no sense in going in the 1st place because he had more freedom at Bama then he would had at Texas with all of the bs behind the scenes.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Saban did get a bump from Bama after the Texas flirting if I recalled correctly. In my opinion, it didn't make no sense in going in the 1st place because he had more freedom at Bama then he would had at Texas with all of the bs behind the scenes.

Institutional alignment is what fukks so many programs, and yes Texas crazy is bad, bamas was bad, but the will to win superseded the will to be the biggest swinging dikk in the room

Silkk

Daps
Mack was supposed to step down by a certain date but drug it out so Saban ended up not being able to do it like he wanted to time wise.