The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:salute:

And I will admit now one thing I debated you before that I now concede was your take on Napier. I tried to deny it and make excuses, but after the 2024 signing day shyt show and his decision to keep calling plays, along with not firing Chris Couch or any of his bum ass assistant coaches, I was like "yep, Silkk and others who said Napier is ass, were right."

I was wrong about Napier turning it around. Just waiting until the inevitable now.
Yeahhhh, I think even he is after seeing that schedule :francis:

Luckily yall get Miami in the Swamp to start. If it was neutral site or on the road I think it would be a guaranteed L but if he could pull one out on Utah then he better be able to do something with Miami.....But Mario's back is against the wall also so we'll see.

Silkk

Daps
And lol at the Texas fan that don't know shyt about Texas football talking :skip:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I do agree it's time to hold Napier accountable for being ass, and I'm a big time Mullen hater.

He has to show some proof of concept he can’t keep ducking with the we are ass argument

Les actually won a title. A national title and sustained success for nearly a decade.

Mullen had 1-2 good seasons with Jim McElwain's recruits and is a 5-8 win/year coach besides that.

Dan Mullen is nowhere near Les' league.

Which was my point, no one regards les as some football great, some things broke his way, to get the chip, and he was solid, all you can ask of a coach…

Mississippi State and Kansas are pretty comparable jobs. Compare the tenures...

On what planet is Kansas and miss st remotely comparable jobs

How

I need to see your math on this

Mullen was a dawg at Mississippi st, Florida just a mid school that got lucky with 2 generational coaches

:mjlol: you can not like Florida and also be for real

Not a fair comparison.

Compare OK State Les to MS State Mullen.

They were both on the come up then.

If Dan takes, say some ACC/lower tier B1G job then the comparison can start.

I don’t even think you can compare that one honestly

Recruiters wouldn't have wanted to work for that bum lol

Right, nikka had his own coaches telling him what they gon do and what he ain’t gon do

Having done his thing? You mean consistentoy having trash offenses, Clock mismanagement, and underachieving?

Les lucked his way into one national championship and fukked himself out of the one that should’ve been a guarantew in 2011.

If Dan Mullen takes over for Saban at LSU and gets 10-12 years he definitely at least has two Nattys. :dead:

It’s funny you strike any credibility of Les, (who is a conversation of his own) but give Mullen credit without the context of he hit on two back to back qbs and has not hit them heights with a better landing spot of Florida

Got to disagree here. Dan isn't a winner. Plain and simple. Look at the Shoe Game against LSU in 2020. He's a choker and a loser. Decent play caller, but a below average head coach and terrible program manager/CEO who will never win anything of significance.

Thank you, look i think Dan can work a chalk board and call a hell of an offense, but he’s not HC material for a Tiffany program

Muiltple 10 win season, as a LSU fans we legitimately had to worry about playing Miss st not the case anymore

Multiple….

All of them being bad coaches (although Sharkboy won the east more than Mullen and brought in Trask, Pitts, and Toney) doesn't change the fact that Mullen was ass.

Did Clay Helton being mid at USC mean that Sark was actually good there?

Mullen pretty much accomplished what Muschamp/Shark boy did, a double digit win season, a NY6 bowl game. Muschamp left behind an elite defense. Shark left behind some elite offensive pieces. The defense and offense deteriorated completed under Mullen.

None of them really won anything of signficance.

So far, Napier has been the worst of all.

But keep in mind nape is cleaning up dopey dans mess, now maybe nape ain’t him but it’s a hard task

36-17 = L
24-17 = L
44-28 = W
34-7 = L

You be making shyt up :dwillhuh:

Aside from the last game yes he held his own with Kirby

Context matters, them scores don’t Mullen was getting walked

Silkk

Daps
@DropTopDoc Thats a lot of quotes fool....I'll start with the 1st.

Are you trying to say that Miss State is a much better job than Kansas or what....?

Silkk

Daps
You think they are even ?

So their 10 year W vs L is equal
Recruiting too in avg ranking, and nfl graduation rate ?
Before Dan Mullen?

Going to be proving one point either way, Go ahead and look that up...

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
This kid was one of the most dominating high school running backs that I've ever seen live.. but everybody.. EVERYBODY knew he was gonna be a disciplinary problem. Dude's got a few screws loose in that melon.
It's one thing to not get on the field at Clemson while they were at the tail end of their height.

UF at a low period, okay. Still lots of talent on the roster and it is a SEC program that has been at the top.

But for a talent of his caliber to not sniff the field at UCF?

Crazy.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Before Dan Mullen?

Going to be proving one point either way, Go ahead and look that up...

dial back from 23-13
Point being Kansas went 0’fer and sometimes 1-3 wins, that’s not miss st, you said they were equal i said they aren’t there’s no metric other than education and basketball that Kansas is better than miss st

Silkk

Daps
dial back from 23-13
Point being Kansas went 0’fer and sometimes 1-3 wins, that’s not miss st, you said they were equal i said they aren’t there’s no metric other than education and basketball that Kansas is better than miss st
That shows exactly what Dan Mullen did there.

Now go do 1998-2008 and tell me how it looks.