The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Got to disagree here. Dan isn't a winner. Plain and simple. Look at the Shoe Game against LSU in 2020. He's a choker and a loser. Decent play caller, but a below average head coach and terrible program manager/CEO who will never win anything of significance.
Then what is Muschamp, Sharkboy, and Napier? :dead:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Then what is Muschamp, Sharkboy, and Napier? :dead:
All of them being bad coaches (although Sharkboy won the east more than Mullen and brought in Trask, Pitts, and Toney) doesn't change the fact that Mullen was ass.

Did Clay Helton being mid at USC mean that Sark was actually good there?

Mullen pretty much accomplished what Muschamp/Shark boy did, a double digit win season, a NY6 bowl game. Muschamp left behind an elite defense. Shark left behind some elite offensive pieces. The defense and offense deteriorated completed under Mullen.

None of them really won anything of signficance.

So far, Napier has been the worst of all.

Silkk

Daps
All of them being bad coaches (although Sharkboy won the east more than Mullen and brought in Trask, Pitts, and Toney) doesn't change the fact that Mullen was ass.

Did Clay Helton being mid at USC mean that Sark was actually good there?
Sark never had one 10 win season let alone two in a row

The only reason Mullen even gets flack is because he’s being compared to what Kirby was doing even though he was able to compete with and even beat Kirby.

Same with competing with Bama. I don’t know you can watch the game where they almost came back on Bama in the swamp and say he’s a bad coach. The other three would’ve just bent over and took it.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Sark never had one 10 win season let alone two in a row

The only reason Mullen even gets flack is because he’s being compared to what Kirby was doing even though he was able to compete with and even beat Kirby.

Same with competing with Bama. I don’t know you can watch the game where they almost came back on Bama in the swamp and say he’s a bad coach. The other three would’ve just bent over and took it.
I was at that game. Bama was very suspect on the road that season. They played a poor game and yet Mullen failed to capitalize on the home advantage. That same Bama team went on to lose to Jimbo and Texas A&M a few weeks later.

Dan was the master of scoring garbage time points to make games seem closer, but you always knew he'd never win those games.

It says it all that Mullen's signature win is a close loss to Bama :mjlol:

Did he really "compete" with Kirby? He was 1-3 vs Kirby at Florida (and 1-4 since 2017) and lost 3 of those games by at least 3 scores.

The last time he played Kirby he got blown out worse than even Sun Belt Billy ever did against UGA (34-7). The gap was widening under Mullen, Napier just has failed to do anything about it, which is on him.

Silkk

Daps
I was at that game. Bama was very suspect on the road that season. They played a poor game and yet Mullen failed to capitalize on the home advantage. That same Bama team went on to lose to Jimbo and Texas A&M a few weeks later.

Dan was the master of scoring garbage time points to make games seem closer, but you always knew he'd never win those games.

It says it all that Mullen's signature win is a close loss to Bama :mjlol:

Did he really "compete" with Kirby? He was 1-3 vs Kirby at Florida (and 1-4 since 2017) and lost 3 of those games by at least 3 scores.

The last time he played Kirby he got blown out worse than even Sun Belt Billy ever did against UGA (34-7). The gap was widening under Mullen, Napier just has failed to do anything about it, which is on him.
36-17 = L
24-17 = L
44-28 = W
34-7 = L

You be making shyt up :dwillhuh:

Aside from the last game yes he held his own with Kirby

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
36-17 = L
24-17 = L
44-28 = W
34-7 = L

You be making shyt up :dwillhuh:

Aside from the last game yes he held his own with Kirby
What did I make up? he was 1-3 vs Kirby at Florida. Only lost one of those by a close score (although the game wasn't as close as the score indicated, they were shut out for like 3 quarters before closing the gap a little, but UGA dominated that game too).

He lost by 19 points (losing by 19 points is "holding his own"?), 7 points, won once, and then 27 points.

He lost by 28 in 2017 (but he was still at Miss State, so won't count that one).

So in total, if you just count the Florida years, he lost by 3 scores twice, and one score once.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Listen, if you want to argue that Napier and Shark fukker suck, you won't get any argument from me.

If you want to argue that Dan Mullen is better than both, sure, why not.

But if you want to argue that Dan Mullen was a good coach and that Florida should've held onto him, well I got to disagree. Maybe he's not as ass as Napier, but he was not a good coach for Florida and played a big part in them being stuck in the dumps in 2024.

Silkk

Daps
What did I make up? he was 1-3 vs Kirby at Florida. Only lost one of those by a close score (although the game wasn't as close as the score indicated, they were shut out for like 3 quarters before closing the gap a little, but UGA dominated that game too).

He lost by 19 points (losing by 19 points is "holding his own"?), 7 points, won once, and then 27 points.

He lost by 28 in 2017 (but he was still at Miss State, so won't count that one).

So in total, if you just count the Florida years, he lost by 3 scores twice, and one score once.
I see what you doing :skip:

Using FGs as scores to make it sound worse. Why not just say he lost by 7 scores in that case :skip:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I see what you doing :skip:

Using FGs as scores to make it sound worse. Why not just say he lost by 7 scores in that case :skip:
Because it would've taken 3 scores to take the lead or tie the game when down by 19 :yeshrug:

It's basic football math. Even with 2 2-pt conversions, you still need another score to get on top. That's 3 scores.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
:dead:Dan Mullens has stans. Dude isn't coaching now because he doesn't want to, which is the reason Florida had to get rid of him.
IT's a long way until the season starts. Makes for some good off-season fodder and debate :russ:

Even though I disagree with his point, and some of his counterpoints, he's been coming correct and I've enjoyed this debate.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
:salute: as it should be

That boy @DropTopDoc just be blatantly lying and shyt :scust:

:salute:

And I will admit now one thing I debated you before that I now concede was your take on Napier. I tried to deny it and make excuses, but after the 2024 signing day shyt show and his decision to keep calling plays, along with not firing Chris Couch or any of his bum ass assistant coaches, I was like "yep, Silkk and others who said Napier is ass, were right."

I was wrong about Napier turning it around. Just waiting until the inevitable now.