The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

@DropTopDoc still trying to blame Mullen though :scust:

Dan Mullen had one bad year just like Harbaugh had in 2020 when MFs wanted to fire him :smh:

Florida fuccked up firing him. End of story.

Dan Mullen is a hell of a play designer and oc, hell even coach, but when it comes to doing everything he’s not it, hitting on two qbs that were perfect for his system was the perfect storm, but then he just kept missing with Florida qbs he wasn’t recruiting, even passing on a lot of task to assistants, he ran a foul of a lot of booster clubs in Fla, he had his coaches telling him what to do, and who they were going to play, he wasn’t built to handle the pressure cooker of Florida and yes he set them back, but you don’t have to listen to me, let @malbaker86 and @904Lurker tell you

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Dan Mullen is a hell of a play designer and oc, hell even coach, but when it comes to doing everything he’s not it, hitting on two qbs that were perfect for his system was the perfect storm, but then he just kept missing with Florida qbs he wasn’t recruiting, even passing on a lot of task to assistants, he ran a foul of a lot of booster clubs in Fla, he had his coaches telling him what to do, and who they were going to play, he wasn’t built to handle the pressure cooker of Florida and yes he set them back, but you don’t have to listen to me, let @malbaker86 and @904Lurker tell you
If he set them back then what the fukk did Napier and the two coaches before Mullen do :dead:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
If he set them back then what the fukk did Napier and the two coaches before Mullen do :dead:

Shark fukker had them winning the east and pitts and the rest of the good talent mullens had was his kids,

It got so bad with Mullins they lost twice to Kentucky and i think vandy, maybe nape ain’t it, but he literally came in saying this is a gut job, coaching regimes aren’t a one to one, zook may not be a good coach but the man could recruit, see Illinois talent and Florida, so when urban came in he just built off the talent he had and got out there and worked like a dog to improve it

But in this discussion I’ve literally said don’t take my word for it ask the two gator fans if you think I’m not being realistic to mullens faults

Silkk

Daps
Shark fukker had them winning the east and pitts and the rest of the good talent mullens had was his kids,

It got so bad with Mullins they lost twice to Kentucky and i think vandy, maybe nape ain’t it, but he literally came in saying this is a gut job, coaching regimes aren’t a one to one, zook may not be a good coach but the man could recruit, see Illinois talent and Florida, so when urban came in he just built off the talent he had and got out there and worked like a dog to improve it

But in this discussion I’ve literally said don’t take my word for it ask the two gator fans if you think I’m not being realistic to mullens faults
Mullen won the east and actually was able to compete with Bama. Shark fukker won the east when it was trash and proceeded to get blew the fucck out each time. Mullen actually beat UGA to get there, and if not for running into the greatest team ever in 2019 and playing the UGA dynasty that 2019 Florida team probably wins the Natty. Napier has never beaten Kentucky :dahell:

And it sounds like you're trying to say that Zook and Urban are comparable coaches? :leostare:
Or that Zook was a better recruiter than Urban and he didn't have his own talent he brought in? :leostare:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Mullen won the east and actually was able to compete with Bama. Shark fukker won the east when it was trash and proceeded to get blew the fucck out each time. Mullen actually beat UGA to get there, and if not for running into the greatest team ever in 2019 and playing the UGA dynasty that 2019 Florida team probably wins the Natty. Napier has never beaten Kentucky :dahell:

And it sounds like you're trying to say that Zook and Urban are comparable coaches? :leostare:
Or that Zook was a better recruiter than Urban and he didn't have his own talent he brought in? :leostare:

Again can’t compare two regime's Mullen ate off shark fukkers talent, then when it dried up welp,

I’m not comparing I’m giving an example of what happens when at least the previous coach gave you something to work with, a lot of coaches are only good at one aspect, Mullen can dial up some plays, he’s not a good fit for a Tiffany program, and that’s ok

I’ll keep circling back to ask the Florida boys

And for conversation sake who you think is better Les or Mullen tell me why you pick who you pick

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Mullen won the east and actually was able to compete with Bama. Shark fukker won the east when it was trash and proceeded to get blew the fucck out each time. Mullen actually beat UGA to get there, and if not for running into the greatest team ever in 2019 and playing the UGA dynasty that 2019 Florida team probably wins the Natty.
Mullen wasn't gonna win shyt

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
And for conversation sake who you think is better Les or Mullen tell me why you pick who you pick
Les actually won a title. A national title and sustained success for nearly a decade.

Mullen had 1-2 good seasons with Jim McElwain's recruits and is a 5-8 win/year coach besides that.

Dan Mullen is nowhere near Les' league.

Silkk

Daps
Again can’t compare two regime's Mullen ate off shark fukkers talent, then when it dried up welp,

I’m not comparing I’m giving an example of what happens when at least the previous coach gave you something to work with, a lot of coaches are only good at one aspect, Mullen can dial up some plays, he’s not a good fit for a Tiffany program, and that’s ok

I’ll keep circling back to ask the Florida boys

Mississippi State and Kansas are pretty comparable jobs. Compare the tenures...

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Mississippi State and Kansas are pretty comparable jobs. Compare the tenures...
Not a fair comparison.

Compare OK State Les to MS State Mullen.

They were both on the come up then.

If Dan takes, say some ACC/lower tier B1G job then the comparison can start.