The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Defenses have switched up significantly, plus every ghat damn wr worth a damn is in Columbus ( I’m joking… but not all the way)
We had a discussion last off-season about how there aren’t a ton of studs at certain positions, I’ll also circle back to some defenses, you have the nfl shyt from us (Michigan) you got Knowles shyt, Iowa shyt, Oklahoma shyt, ucla shyt and you have copies of saban and his patter/man match, defenses have slowed up a lot of this shyt

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Defenses have switched up significantly, plus every ghat damn wr worth a damn is in Columbus ( I’m joking… but not all the way)
We had a discussion last off-season about how there aren’t a ton of studs at certain positions, I’ll also circle back to some defenses, you have the nfl shyt from us (Michigan) you got Knowles shyt, Iowa shyt, Oklahoma shyt, ucla shyt and you have copies of saban and his patter/man match, defenses have slowed up a lot of this shyt
Yup, Defenses caught up to spread. Have mentioned it before but Mahlzan at end of his book many years before said this day would come. Some of the advantages of going spread early or hunh was that you were only team in district/division/conference running it, DC with limited practice time dont have time to devote for one team but when the success comes and other teams run it and adjust, you devote more time and your team gets better at handling it. Had a great 15-20 year run. Teams who hopped on early benefited (Aub, UF, Clem, UO, Okla., etc.)

:mjlol:I think it was Saban who said his defense wasnt used to teams huddling and Mich huddled and threw them off. We have come full circle basically.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Andrew Luck. On a MUCH LESS talented team, might I add. Idk why I even mentioned him because we all know that JJ ain't anywhere near that:heh:.

Bruh, he hasn't shown shyt to be as hyped as he [reportedly] is:dead:. Leading a loaded team in a largely inept conference to an undefeated season isn't anything to slurp up (like how you're doing).

JJ with the best Michigan team in decades barely beat the worst Alabama team in the Saban era, and he wasn't even a top 5 player on his team.

He's the college version of Brock Purdy, but even Brock Purdy did more for San Fran than he did for Michigan.

Not turning the ball over, hitting the passes you should hit to an open receiver, and keeping the drive alive by using your legs isn't 'first round pick' worthy. By definition, he's a game manager. Nothing too crazy, and the stats reflect that.

nikkas really in here acting like Jim is holding him back:mjlol:. If that's the case, then what the fukk happened with TCU a couple seasons ago:mjlol:? Jim opens up the playbook and gives him 34 pass attempts...and he then proceeds to go 20-34 with 2 TDs and 2 picks...against the 91st ranked defense:skip:

JJ isn't that guy, you can put your Michigan hat on all you want, but he's not that dude.
Here I was tryna school and educate you.. and it turns out you post like a Buckeye parody account. :unimpressed:

And congrats on using Andrew Luck.. the one exception to the rule. How many years has Harbaugh been coaching? You got another name you wanna throw out? :mjlol:

Of course not.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yup, Defenses caught up to spread. Have mentioned it before but Mahlzan at end of his book many years before said this day would come. Some of the advantages of going spread early or hunh was that you were only team in district/division/conference running it, DC with limited practice time dont have time to devote for one team but when the success comes and other teams run it and adjust, you devote more time and your team gets better at handling it. Had a great 15-20 year run. Teams who hopped on early benefited (Aub, UF, Clem, UO, Okla., etc.)

:mjlol:I think it was Saban who said his defense wasnt used to teams huddling and Mich huddled and threw them off. We have come full circle basically.

Ironically the same thing that saban started his dynasty with, heavy run, was what gave him his last loss, with everyone trying to stop pass happy teams a lot of the guys that dominated his defensive schemes (6”2 or taller 250 lb, lbs) are basically rush ends now, most lbs are 230 or smaller, and some of them can thump, but what they aren’t built for is multiple downs of a 300 plus guard and tackle just leaning on them or taking on that pulling guard, multiple times, eventually you not slamming that shoulder to get leverage and jam up the read, you start avoiding it, or get washed out the play cuz you tired of the contact

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Love vids like this. Props
Since it’s presidents day here’s another video for you my brother. I come in peace today.

black-man-trump.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

They were saying the same thing in the NFL this past season as well.

Through Week 10 of the 2023 NFL season, scoring has been at its lowest in over a decade with several dominant defenses and few high-scoring offenses. The following table shows key scoring-related metrics through Week 10. The color of each cell corresponds to the relative rank (since 2003) of the 2023 season

It took a minute in both the pros and the CFB, but like alluded to, some of these defensive wizards are finally starting to see all the work in the lab they put in over the years trying to stop all of the spread, read options and motions payoff. You want to motion on offense? Cool, mfs is gonna motion on defense now too. Hit ya young QBs with some disguised coverages and shifting fronts so he don't know wtf he looking at.

You wanna motion ya back out into an empty set and try to get him to take advantage of one of our LBs? Cool, we'll front like we finna double cuh wit a cpl pipe hittin' LB niccas, fake like we sending blitz from da left so u slide ya protection, & send one of dem LBs from out of a cannon before u can even blink. And then the next play, we gonna fake the blitz this time and actually send the double so u goofy ass start seeing ghosts. Not to mention, mfs is just way more disciplined now at reading shyt from all this years of tape now. Like they say, shyt is cyclical.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
They were saying the same thing in the NFL this past season as well.

It took a minute in both the pros and the CFB, but like alluded to, some of these defensive wizards are finally starting to see all the work in the lab they put in over the years trying to stop all of the spread, read options and motions payoff. You want to motion on offense? Cool, mfs is gonna motion on defense now too. Hit ya young QBs with some disguised coverages and shifting fronts so he don't know wtf he looking at.

You wanna motion ya back out into an empty set and try to get him to take advantage of one of our LBs? Cool, we'll front like we finna double cuh wit a cpl pipe hittin' LB niccas, fake like we sending blitz from da left so u slide ya protection, & send one of dem LBs from out of a cannon before u can even blink. And then the next play, we gonna fake the blitz this time and actually send the double so u goofy ass start seeing ghosts. Not to mention, mfs is just way more disciplined now at reading shyt from all this years of tape now. Like they say, shyt is cyclical.

And the national champion was the team that said fukk all that fancy shyt, we’ll run it down your face try and stop it. I’m interested to see who follows that mold in the future. Probably Matt Rhule and James Franklin…maybe texas

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Since it’s presidents day here’s another video for you my brother. I come in peace today.

black-man-trump.gif

Well bah gawd that sounds just like Caleb Williams theme music, King!
full
Speaking of going to see the president

university-michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh.gif

:umad: