The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
idk what happened to chip kelly. he almost won the natty against auburn, wrote a book about his success and how his process was different from nick saban's approach for recruiting purposes, then flamed out in the NFL and it's been downhill from there -- not sure if he drank too much of his own koolaid or if he just lost it over time

what happened to recruiting chippy talent like legarrette blount, doing statue of liberty trick plays against michigan, and always going for 2 for the PAT? blount barely had any playing time after punching a boise state player and still made it to the league and got himself 3 superbowl rings, god damn

kelly at the eagles was soft...drove away mike vick and other star talent and did these soft ass private meetings like it's a fukking cult atmosphere/rehab clinic

outside of randomly winning against LSU during covid when Ed O couldn't catch lightning in a bottle again, whatever successful winning formula chip had basically evaporated

idk who was really responsible for oregon's success during the chip kelly years because willie taggart and mark helfrich flamed out...mario cristobal went from a winning coach to a mid coach at miami and it took an outsider like dan lanning under the saban tree to finally get it all together again

chip resigned late just to get a pay cut OC offer from ohio state, what the hell is this? :dahell: can't handle NIL so he took the coward's way out way past early signing period instead of sticking it out at UCLA upon joining the big 10 just to deceive recruits?

I wanna hear the AD speak on this..

But Chip could look at the landscape of the Big 10 next year and know his team wouldnt do well..

First 4 weeks he had
@LSU
OREGON
@Pedo St

Season over right there

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Question tho..

Who in for more a rude awakening/culture shock?

- Ole boy that’s transferring from Stanford to Georgia..

Or..

- Chip Kelly goin from living in Westwood to Ohio?

:mjlol:

Don't know why y'all think these jokes still hit in 2024 lol

It's 60 degrees in the middle of winter right now in one of the biggest/fastest growing cities. Better save that shyt for Cleveland (respect to my guys from da Land)

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Chip didn't like to recruit and that got amplified x10 when NIL entered the picture. He ain't want that spot anymore.

Definitely ain’t easy coaching no more in CFB, hell you probably gotta do more recruiting than coaching cause not only do you gotta recruit high school kids, you gotta recruit other college kids, and you gotta recruit your own kids on the roster to stay, not to mention you gotta recruit boosters and car dealerships to open up the checkbook.

A lotta coaches hate it but once that deposit hits they be alright.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Don't know why y'all think these jokes still hit in 2024 lol

It's 60 degrees in the middle of winter right now in one of the biggest/fastest growing cities. Better save that shyt for Cleveland (respect to my guys from da Land)
What joke? You tellin me you'd rather live in Ohio than in LA? :gucci:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
What joke? You tellin me you'd rather live in Ohio than in LA? :gucci:

Of course not. Well, it depends on what part of LA. I can't stand the traffic ngl. That alone will make me tap out. I'm just saying, it's not a "shock" in the traditional sense where "oh it's cold" or "oh, it's snow", or "oh, it's nothing to do".

And you add that to being a football coach who basically lives, sleeps & breathes being in the lab, what does he care about where he does that. Even if he was a "party coach", he could hit up Urban's Pint House and join cuh for a night out wit some of them Midwestern belles.

What's the shock? More time to spend with your fam cuz u not spending 3 hours on the expressway? Lol

And ya smiley placement say u was tryna get them jokes off :ufdup:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Of course not. Well, it depends on what part of LA. I can't stand the traffic ngl. That alone will make me tap out. I'm just saying, it's not a "shock" in the traditional sense where "oh it's cold" or "oh, it's snow", or "oh, it's nothing to do".

And you add that to being a football coach who basically lives, sleeps & breathes being in the lab, what does he care about where he does that. Even if he was a "party coach", he could hit up Urban's Pint House and join cuh for a night out wit some of them Midwestern belles.

What's the shock? More time to spend with your fam cuz u not spending 3 hours on the expressway? Lol

And ya smiley placement say u was tryna get them jokes off :ufdup:
Oh, so you a Coli Smiley Placement connoisseur now? :unimpressed:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Oh, so you a Coli Smiley Placement connoisseur now? :unimpressed:

Of sorts
full

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
WTF is gong on with UCLA? Kelly stepping down should've happened right after the national championship game. Now the good coaches are already gone, the recruiting classes are in, the portal is done, etc. :why: