The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
They were going to fire him before he upset USC.
But they didn't. And I honestly don't see why they wanted to anyways. UCLA seems to have unrealistic expectations. In my lifetime only those Cade McKnown teams were worth a damn. May have a natty if not for a Hurricane

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Chip should be an upgrade over BoB at least but there’s nothing innovative about his offense anymore. Sayin might save him

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
But they didn't. And I honestly don't see why they wanted to anyways. UCLA seems to have unrealistic expectations. In my lifetime only those Cade McKnown teams were worth a damn. May have a natty if not for a Hurricane
They fired a coach who was better than Chip to bring him in.

Mora jr’s teams had a toughness & fight in them and consistently won 9 games. Their biggest issues were running into elite Oregon & Stanford teams.

Chip Kelly has been absolute BUNS at ucla. Teams always playing like shyt, Barely beating G5/D2 teams.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
he completely fukked ucla over and now gone

Yeah, breh clearly burnt. Don't even know why he took that job fr. He clearly needs to get back to the basics of doing nothing but coaching cuz da o block machine is gonna recruit itself. I'm sure him and Day has it worked out to where the only thing he has to be worried about from now on is coaching and in that lab to possibly add some new run wrinkles to Day's playbook. Will it work? Time will tell. But not everyone is program builders or culture instillers. That's what separates the greats like Urban & Saban.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
idk what happened to chip kelly. he almost won the natty against auburn, wrote a book about his success and how his process was different from nick saban's approach for recruiting purposes, then flamed out in the NFL and it's been downhill from there -- not sure if he drank too much of his own koolaid or if he just lost it over time

what happened to recruiting chippy talent like legarrette blount, doing statue of liberty trick plays against michigan, and always going for 2 for the PAT? blount barely had any playing time after punching a boise state player and still made it to the league and got himself 3 superbowl rings, god damn

kelly at the eagles was soft...drove away mike vick and other star talent and did these soft ass private meetings like it's a fukking cult atmosphere/rehab clinic

outside of randomly winning against LSU during covid when Ed O couldn't catch lightning in a bottle again, whatever successful winning formula chip had basically evaporated

idk who was really responsible for oregon's success during the chip kelly years because willie taggart and mark helfrich flamed out...mario cristobal went from a winning coach to a mid coach at miami and it took an outsider like dan lanning under the saban tree to finally get it all together again

chip resigned late just to get a pay cut OC offer from ohio state, what the hell is this? :dahell: can't handle NIL so he took the coward's way out way past early signing period instead of sticking it out at UCLA upon joining the big 10 just to deceive recruits?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Question tho..

Who in for more a rude awakening/culture shock?

- Ole boy that’s transferring from Stanford to Georgia..

Or..

- Chip Kelly goin from living in Westwood to Ohio?

:mjlol: