Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Future

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
As far as Kendrick is concerned, I have no idea how he's gonna fair in the general categories. It's a lot of competition and other Grammy darlings in those categories.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As far as Kendrick is concerned, I have no idea how he's gonna fair in the general categories. It's a lot of competition and other Grammy darlings in those categories.

I could see them MAYBE giving him Record Of The Year since it seems like no matter what he does he’ll never get AOTY so they might want to go ahead and get him a general field win to say one of the most acclaimed artists of his generation wasn’t completely shut out of the Big 4. Also when they DO award rap songs in that category they like to award songs with a “message” (i.e. This Is America) so there’s some precedent

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
fukk Jack Harlow
Huh??? I was saying that in reference to the Beyoncé piece.
I could see them MAYBE giving him Record Of The Year since it seems like no matter what he does he’ll never get AOTY so they might want to go ahead and get him a general field win to say one of the most acclaimed artists of his generation wasn’t completely shut out of the Big 4. Also when they DO award rap songs in that category they like to award songs with a “message” (i.e. This Is America) so there’s some precedent

Idk. Maybe.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

If the Grammys still had five or six nominees for the big categories, I could definitely see Kendrick winning AOTY. Then again, he was a lock in 2016 and 2018, so I don't see it happening this year, either.

Adele will probably win and cry about how Beyonce should have won.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If the Grammys still had five or six nominees for the big categories, I could definitely see Kendrick winning AOTY. Then again, he was a lock in 2016 and 2018, so I don't see it happening this year, either.

Adele will probably win and cry about how Beyonce should have won.

On one hand I'd be surprised if Adele won over Beyonce again, but then again when you think about who is voting and the type of shyt they like...Adele fits better. The two Grammy voters I've spoken to - one is a white former writer and music teacher, the other is a black r&b exec from the 80s era - both voted for Adele and don't understand Beyonce's album. I'd imagine a lot of older voters like them feel the same way, and then there's a contingent of voters who don't fukk with Beyonce at all for various reasons. Flip side there are younger or more contemporary voters who love her. We'll see.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
On one hand I'd be surprised if Adele won over Beyonce again, but then again when you think about who is voting and the type of shyt they like...Adele fits better. The two Grammy voters I've spoken to - one is a white former writer and music teacher, the other is a black r&b exec from the 80s era - both voted for Adele and don't understand Beyonce's album. I'd imagine a lot of older voters like them feel the same way, and then there's a contingent of voters who don't fukk with Beyonce at all for various reasons. Flip side there are younger or more contemporary voters who love her. We'll see.

A BLACK R&B exec from the 80’s doesn’t understand Beyonce’s Renaissance?!?! Which borrows HEAVILY from 80’s Dance, House, and R&B??

That literally makes no sense

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

In 2017, I understood Adele winning because 25 was a monster album. "Hello" made her an even bigger star than she already was. 30 didn't have that same feeling, but like you said, there are a certain number of voters that will choose her because she's more up their alley and appeals to their sensibilities better than the other nominees.

Not sure if you know anything about this, but in 2021, was there a realistic chance of Future Nostalgia winning AOTY? I'm assuming it split the pop vote with Folklore, but I feel like everything was set up for Dua Lipa to have a big night that year.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
One artist i’d like to see win a long overdue Grammy tomorrow night is Poet J.Ivy (Of Kanye West’s Never Let Me Down fame)

He’s been nominated twice before in the Spoken Word category but hasn’t won. Thanks to his efforts the Grammys instituted a brand new category this year, Best Spoken Word Poetry Album (previously spoken word poets competed against Audio books and narrations in one category)

His newest album for which he’s nominated ‘The Poet Who Sat By The Door’, is excellent. I’m rooting for him to be the inaugural winner in a category he pushed for the creation of!

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
A BLACK R&B exec from the 80’s doesn’t understand Beyonce’s Renaissance?!?! Which borrows HEAVILY from 80’s Dance, House, and R&B??

That is absolutely insane. House is a literal offshoot of Disco. How could an exec from the 80s not understand?? Club kid, Ballroom all that stuff bubbled up in that decade :gucci:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:manny:

The views mirror what my mom has said and what other older black people I know have said: it's a vulgar album with more dance and house vibes than r&b, and they don't get it. I like the album overall btw, I'm not shytting on it. I just get why a certain demographic of people don't like it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
In 2017, I understood Adele winning because 25 was a monster album. "Hello" made her an even bigger star than she already was. 30 didn't have that same feeling, but like you said, there are a certain number of voters that will choose her because she's more up their alley and appeals to their sensibilities better than the other nominees.

Not sure if you know anything about this, but in 2021, was there a realistic chance of Future Nostalgia winning AOTY? I'm assuming it split the pop vote with Folklore, but I feel like everything was set up for Dua Lipa to have a big night that year.
I don't know the answer to that but I'd assume no one was beating Taylor Swift that year. I will say that a surprisingly thing I heard was that when she beat Kendrick for AOTY it wasn't a rout. TPAB came relatively close to getting AOTY.