Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Future

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
HDD says that LL Cool J and a reunited Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 will perform as part of the Hip Hop 50 celebration

Who will participate in the splashy salute to hip-hop’s 50th anniversary? Sources tell us recent Rock Hall inductee and seasoned Grammys host LL COOL J is likely to perform with other hip-hop legends. Sugarhill Gang, perhaps? Kurtis Blow? Meanwhile, Grandmaster Flash is set to reunite with all the surviving members of the Furious Five except Kid Creole, who’s currently incarcerated. DJ Khaled could appear with JAY-Z, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, John Legend and Fridayy for a live rendition of the ROTY-nominated “GOD DID.” Would the heavily nominated Kendrick Lamar also be included in this celebration?

Buzz surrounding an appearance by Dr. Dre is also growing. With legendary set The Chronic returning to DSPs, the timing seems auspicious. Though there have been a few whispers that Dre might talk him into it, pretty much nobody expects Drake to be part of the festivities.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Stereogum says that Kendrick DESERVES Song Of The Year

Who should win: The coolest choice would be Steve Lacy, whose chillwavey psychedelic funk-soul jam “Bad Habit” became a surprise #1 hit this year. If not Lacy, a win for Kendrick Lamar makes sense in this category: Even as his Mr. Morale era spurned pop accessibility in favor of the dense and willfully difficult, he continued to be a stunning writer, particularly on this non-album teaser track. I like “All Too Well,” “BREAK MY SOUL,” and “Easy On Me,” but I have my reservations about all three in this context. Re: Taylor’s Version, I don’t love the implications of recognizing a decade-old song, though it would certainly be in step with industry trends. Beyoncé’s hit is fantastic dancefloor material, but it doesn’t stand out to me as a triumph of songwriting, particularly with a synth part so baldly appealing to nostalgia that many assumed it was a sample. My only gripe with a blockbuster Adele ballad winning Song Of The Year would be that it’s too predictable and the Grammys should spread the love; call me mid if you must, but honestly the song slays.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Stereogum says Kendrick Lamar is a lock for Best Rap Album

Best Rap Album

DJ Khaled – God Did
Future – I Never Liked You
Jack Harlow – Come Home The Kids Miss You
Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
Pusha T – It’s Almost Dry
Who should win: Kendrick Lamar.
Who will win: Jack Harlow. (Just kidding, it’ll be Kendrick. They wouldn’t really Mackle this category again, right? Right?)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Pitchfork says Kendrick Lamar SHOULD win Record Of The Year but Adele WIN it

Record of the Year

ABBA - “Don’t Shut Me Down”
Adele - “Easy on Me”
Beyoncé - “Break My Soul”
Brandi Carlile Featuring Lucius - “You and Me on the Rock”
Doja Cat - “Woman”
Harry Styles - “As It Was”
Kendrick Lamar - “The Heart Part 5”
Lizzo - “About Damn Time”
Mary J. Blige - “Good Morning Gorgeous”
Steve Lacy - “Bad Habit”
Will win: Adele - “Easy on Me”

Should win: Kendrick Lamar - “The Heart Part 5”

There are historic firsts, and then there’s historical precedent. Adele might own about half as many Grammys as Beyoncé, but she has a vastly higher winning percentage—and she tends to take home the kind of trophies that are actually handed out on TV. Giving Beyoncé Album of the Year would offer some poetic justice after Adele infamously (and reluctantly) beat her in that category six years ago, and the Grammys could still loudly profess their love of Adele by awarding her Record of the Year for “Easy on Me.”

Though Adele’s song is a sweeping excavation of divorce, from an album marked by its own emotional complexities, our pick for this category is Kendrick Lamar’s “The Heart Part 5.” The breathless track is a masterful coming-to-terms from the best rapper alive, a fiery broadside that preceded his thornier, more difficult Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers. –Marc Hogan

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A SLEW Of Hip Hop titans and legends will perform during the Hip Hop at 50 celebration at Sunday’s Grammys

The 65th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 5, will include a star-studded segment celebrating the 50th anniversary of hip-hop. It will include performances by Big Boi, Busta Rhymes with Spliff Star, De La Soul, DJ Drama, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Missy Elliott, Future, GloRilla, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Mele Mel & Scorpio/Ethiopian King, Ice-T, Lil Baby, Lil Wayne, The Lox, Method Man, Nelly, Public Enemy, Queen Latifah, Rahiem, Rakim, RUN-DMC, Salt-N-Pepa and Spinderella, Scarface, Swizz Beatz and Too $hort.

LL Cool J will introduce the segment, perform and give a dedication to hip-hop. Questlove will serve as producer and musical director, The Roots will provide music and Black Thought will narrate.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
AV Club says that Harry Styles will win Song Of The Year but that Kendrick DESERVES to win it

Will Win: Harry Styles

Let’s face it: “As It Was” burrowed into the most brains of any “Song Of The Year” nominee, and oftentimes that’s the preeminent indicator of a win. A highlight on Harry’s House, “As It Was” utilized Styles’ calculated whimsicality and ubiquitousness to further propel the singer through an ever-widening pop landscape, carving out a clean-cut vagabond lane where no jumpsuit goes unworn. Grammy voters love to throw what their kids know—“As It Was” has the kind of retro charm and modern appeal that can bridge generational tests. Despite all this, however, Styles is far from a shoo-in—any Grammys ballot featuring Academy-favorite Adele promises an uphill battle for her competition.

Should Win: Kendrick Lamar

When it comes to writing, Kendrick’s painstaking return to solo rap deserves recognition here. The Grammys never know what to do with rap music, as Jack Harlow’s presence in the genre categories all but spells out—but Kendrick gave them more than enough to chew on, both lyrically and visually, with “The Heart pt. 5.” Although the track doesn’t appear on Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers, it was a dextrous and solid re-entry into the fold for Kendrick that boasted strong production and barbed but meditative lyrics. [Hattie Lindert]

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Entertainment Weekly says that Adele will win Record Of The Year but Kendrick Lamar SHOULD win it

Who will win: This is essentially a performance award, which always bodes well for Adele (who has taken this one twice before), and it favors Styles as well (whose "As It Was" spent a startling 15 weeks at No. 1). Still, Lacy's breezy bedroom melancholy could sneak in, considering his multiple nominations downstream and the demo-straddling ubiquity of "Bad Habit."

Who should win: There are few bad choices here. But Lamar has four consecutive Album of the Year nods to date plus a Pulitzer, and still no wins outside the rap category. Though the meandering, uneven Mr. Morale probably won't change that, a win for "The Heart Part 5" wouldn't be the worst consolation prize.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Entertainment Weekly says that Kendrick Lamar WILL win Best Rap Album but that Pusha T DESERVES to win

Best Rap Album

Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar | CREDIT: JASON KOERNER/GETTY IMAGES
DJ Khaled, God Did
Future, I Never Liked You
Jack Harlow, Come Home the Kids Miss You
Kendrick Lamar, Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
Pusha T, It's Almost Dry

Who will win: This one should be a walk for Kendrick, unless Jack Harlow's Timberlake curls and Hot 100 currency mesmerize voters into making a Macklemore-level error in judgment.

Who should Win: Righting past Grammy wrongs can't be the only consideration; Pusha's Almost Dry is paranoid, ruthless, and near-perfect.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I liked Pusha better. Future, even tho I dont listen to him, is overdue. He had a good album too

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Entertainment Weekly says that Adele will win Record Of The Year but Kendrick Lamar SHOULD win it

Who will win: This is essentially a performance award, which always bodes well for Adele (who has taken this one twice before), and it favors Styles as well (whose "As It Was" spent a startling 15 weeks at No. 1). Still, Lacy's breezy bedroom melancholy could sneak in, considering his multiple nominations downstream and the demo-straddling ubiquity of "Bad Habit."

Who should win: There are few bad choices here. But Lamar has four consecutive Album of the Year nods to date plus a Pulitzer, and still no wins outside the rap category. Though the meandering, uneven Mr. Morale probably won't change that, a win for "The Heart Part 5" wouldn't be the worst consolation prize.

ehh,

I think its Abba's to lose. You got a iconic top 3 selling group of all time all in their 70's in age. First album since 1981 and it was a huge success.

I dont see how they lose record or album of the year

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
ehh,

I think its Abba's to lose. You got a iconic top 3 selling group of all time all in their 70's in age. First album since 1981 and it was a huge success.

I think their going to win in the Genre category not in the General Category.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jay-Z is now CONFIRMED to be performing ‘God Did’ alongside DJ Khaled

As tipped by Variety earlier this week, Jay-Z will perform with DJ Khaled at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night in an all-star live performance of the nominated song “God Did” that also includes its featured guests artists Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, John Legend and Fridayy, sources say. An official announcement is expected later today (Feb. 3).

“God Did” is up for three awards, including song of the year. On Thursday night, Khaled presented Lil Wayne with the Global Impact Award at the Recording Academy Honors Presented by the Black Music Collective event in Los Angeles on Thursday night. Also honored with the inaugural award were Dr. Dre, Missy Elliot and veteran executive Sylvia Rhone.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
SLEW Of Hip Hop titans and legends will perform during the Hip Hop at 50 celebration at Sunday’s Grammys

The 65th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 5, will include a star-studded segment celebrating the 50th anniversary of hip-hop. It will include performances by Big Boi, Busta Rhymes with Spliff Star, De La Soul, DJ Drama, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Missy Elliott, Future, GloRilla, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Mele Mel & Scorpio/Ethiopian King, Ice-T, Lil Baby, Lil Wayne, The Lox, Method Man, Nelly, Public Enemy, Queen Latifah, Rahiem, Rakim, RUN-DMC, Salt-N-Pepa and Spinderella, Scarface, Swizz Beatz and Too $hort.

LL Cool J will introduce the segment, perform and give a dedication to hip-hop. Questlove will serve as producer and musical director, The Roots will provide music and Black Thought will narrate.

wow

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
but it doesn’t stand out to me as a triumph of songwriting, particularly with a synth part so baldly appealing to nostalgia that many assumed it was a sample.
It was a sample that was purposefully used :gucci:
I can see the Grammys going with them or Harry just to avoid the Beyoncé vs Adele backlash if one of them would win.