The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Dantonio beat urban a couple times, is he better than urban, especially given the talent disparity?

Urban is far from a shyt coach, he recognized he’s going to have to go on the road and grab capital “D” dudes, and he did that and assembled some good coaches, but he also had a talent advantage to most of the big ten so he could field way better teams
Kirk Ferentz beat Urban big once too. I mean every great coach loses a game here or there to a coach who they're better than.

That's why I'm saying it can't be discounted that Harbaugh went 0-7 but there are a lot of factors at play that also need to be considered when comparing them.

In terms of a pure football coaching skill, I'd argue Harbaugh has the edge if you want to consider how he could coach in the NFL, where there is more parity, whereas Urban got his ass kicked big time there.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Kirk Ferentz beat Urban big once too. I mean every great coach loses a game here or there to a coach who they're better than.

That's why I'm saying it can't be discounted that Harbaugh went 0-7 but there are a lot of factors at play that also need to be considered when comparing them.

In terms of a pure football coaching skill, I'd argue Harbaugh has the edge if you want to consider how he could coach in the NFL, where there is more parity, whereas Urban got his ass kicked big time there.
True. That's why I kind of always looked at Pete Carroll different than Nick Saban

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

That’s why I’m a big proponent of wins are important but context matters too

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It's Utah, nicca. Only creepin they doing is to the Salt Lake Temple.

Have a homie from undergrad, his patna from the sip was up there, at the university of Utah nikka was telling us stories, dude was like one time they was riding around town in a jeep Cherokee taking turns hoppin in the back with two pure snow bunnies demolishing them on camera, and more

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nice tackle
cI2uALT.gif