The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Dantonio beat urban a couple times, is he better than urban, especially given the talent disparity?

Urban is far from a shyt coach, he recognized he’s going to have to go on the road and grab capital “D” dudes, and he did that and assembled some good coaches, but he also had a talent advantage to most of the big ten so he could field way better teams
Didn’t you give Willie Taggart the same coach ranking as Urban and Harbaugh :martin:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@smitty22 @Trav What yall do when this song come on?

Exactly what I'm doing now. Nothing. Cuz I ain't never heard this lame ass, goofy ass, repressed white boi shyt in my life
full

If this got anything to do with scum U then I'm need you to leave the massaging of the meat to the butchers
full

I watch all non-home games vs scum on mute nicca wit dem Block O boys playin on the radio.

Don't be poppin up cuz it's almost a new week for Oklahoma West nicca. We ain't forgot about that Colorado shyt & the Grinch who stole defense:ufdup:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

OU vs. UT ...I can't call it. UT should win, which makes me think OU might pull this off. OU + 6.5 is the spread

I really don't think UMD will challenge OSU in Cbus. OSU is a 18.5 point favorite, and they should come close to covering.

Bama @ aTm, bama -2.5, and I think bama covers. Jimbo coaching for his life tho

UGA beats UK, but performance of of late looks like UGA isn't going to cover the 14.5

ND beats Louisville

LSU better beat Mizzou or they're going to call for BK's head. Mizzou +6.5 at home could be interesting.

ngl betting the NFL has been easier than betting CFB this season w/ all the blowouts in the NFL.

OU numbers are NIIICE but I think they are still a year early and not sure how their QB will hold up if texas brings that heat..

If Weigman was playing I would take A&M straight up, just feels like the backup will make a mistake but A&M defense should be able to keep them in the game.. Edgerrin Cooper is a mutant (dude ability to run sideline to sideline doesnt even seem natural) in the middle of that defense with a dline full of dawgs, I dont trust their DBs but can Milroe make them pay?

ND should handle UL with ease..

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I love Dantonio but he's not a better coach than Urban. 3 titles at 2 different schools, in different conferences, in 2 different eras. Urban is the second best coach of the last 30-40 years.

That was my point, that op couldn’t use that as coach being good or bad i think ol dan is underrated as a coach, but let’s keep it a thou wow if you switched schools would urban do what he does given he doesn’t have a team full of transformers with a hellacious coaching and recruiting staff that money can buy

Not to mention what he built Utah into and how Whittingham has been able to sustain it and not flame out & get run off like crisco head David Shaw

I don’t think Utah was some juggernaut that Kyle walked into, it’s kind of hard to maintain that urban apparatus given utahs money, i think what Kyle has done isn’t talked enough about (I’m not saying you aren’t) they went through many new phases and looks, also Utah really stuck by him we coming up on almost 2 decades now

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
@smitty22 @Trav What yall do when this song come on?

frustrated.gif

^^ that's exactly what they look like when they gotta hear that white boy song, after being down by two scores. Don't let @Trav lyin, triflin ass tell you any different.
@Whips-n-Chains cant be doin the jits like this man, not a good look.. Cold world..

fukked up part is that NIL is still spending on other sports. They legit just dropped football and only football. :francis:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That was my point, that op couldn’t use that as coach being good or bad i think ol dan is underrated as a coach, but let’s keep it a thou wow if you switched schools would urban do what he does given he doesn’t have a team full of transformers with a hellacious coaching and recruiting staff that money can buy

I don’t think Utah was some juggernaut that Kyle walked into, it’s kind of hard to maintain that urban apparatus given utahs money, i think what Kyle has done isn’t talked enough about (I’m not saying you aren’t) they went through many new phases and looks, also Utah really stuck by him we coming up on almost 2 decades now
They were 13-0 coming off a Fiesta Bowl win over Pitt when Urban left and handed it over to Kyle. Kyle has done his thing no doubt but he never does it if Urban doesn't hand it off to him like that, Same with Day