The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So you want physical altercations bc your team garlic butter sawft?

Is that any way to go through life?

Ima pray for you.

🙏
That's a very SPARTAN way to live if you ask me
full

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Sam Hartman
Tyler Van Dyke
Devin Leary
Maybe even DJU

We tried to go after a couple of em but it didn’t work out for some reason, maybe he don’t wanna pay top dollar for a transfer QB, maybe the transfers didn’t want to play for Tommy Rees. Ryan Grubb, the OC at Washington, turning us down really hurt more than anything.

Milroe isn’t great but hopefully we won’t need him to be, just stop turning the ball over.
Milroe can be a threat with his legs. At least he got that going for him. His passing ability though...

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Damn that's dope. The Pride that city and I guess state has is insane. That's one thing I say we for sure don't have in NYC, that college or just sports eager culture in general. Hmm maybe I'll look into tickets for Ohio State.. I stayed at my homie's crib he stays like 3 minutes form the M Den. My boss went to U of M for undergrad and I was working remote Friday and we had a meeting, I told him I was at the game and I never seen this man so excited in my life.

:russ:at the hangover piece. But I was not expecting them not to pat down going into the Big House. I coulda been in there with a whole bottle of Henny in that mf
Aint nothing like a BIG game feel, esp against your rival.. Whatever you saw Im sure gets turned up x100 against OSU, that intensity and everything on the line, can only imagine, especially since its last reg game in season and playoff hopes on line. Yea coming from a big city, you go to those college towns where the whole city revolves around the college its just different. Much respect to that, its a sight to see.

I got to get to a game in the big house one day..

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
There are so many qbs playing at a level that u say if Alabama had them, they'd probably be undefeated. Saban must just be focused on recruiting the hs kids, cuz it makes zero sense why Bama is gonna go down with Milroe. Dude is still azz.
Said it multiple times in offseason and it didnt make sense, if they felt like they had a championship level defense/team they should have went after a QB.. I think they were scrambling after spring (thats when they tried to buy TVD to go in portal:lolbron:but luckily for us he stayed, it was close tho) Saban knew what was up and waited tooooooo late, if we can see it and I dont pay attention to them that much, I dont know what he thought Buchner was gonna do for him, lol.. Said it before they should of put fullcourt press on Hartman but he was probably gone by time they realized they room sucks..

Tvd at bama woulda had them as favorites for sure..

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Said it multiple times in offseason and it didnt make sense, if they felt like they had a championship level defense/team they should have went after a QB.. I think they were scrambling after spring (thats when they tried to buy TVD to go in portal:lolbron:but luckily for us he stayed, it was close tho) Saban knew what was up and waited tooooooo late, if we can see it and I dont pay attention to them that much, I dont know what he thought Buchner was gonna do for him, lol.. Said it before they should of put fullcourt press on Hartman but he was probably gone by time they realized they room sucks..

Tvd at bama woulda had them as favorites for sure..

You can't expect him to leave miami, but these smaller schools have good qb play. Wazzu and Colorado st to name a couple.

Milroe still threw a dumb int, had a dumb fumble on the 1(bad snap, but still). Its just unusual for Bama to be this unprepared. Buchner should have hqve to pay his own tuition. Dude is trash. And he was 2nd string for a minute.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
It happens :yeshrug: when you go nearly a decade with high level QB play, there’s bound to be a drop off at some point. Julian Sayin supposed to be the next one up so hopefully this is just a bridge year.
Georgia got one of these golden boys that just doesn't impress me. They gonna miss their Super Duper Senior at qb in big games. It has also been underreported how his old azz didn't even get a bullshyt degree. He couldn't get a communications degree in all those yrs

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Georgia got one of these golden boys that just doesn't impress me. They gonna miss their Super Duper Senior at qb in big games. It has also been underreported how his old azz didn't even get a bullshyt degree. He couldn't get a communications degree in all those yrs
I remember when Beck was a recruit.

At first he was committed to Dan Mullen at UF. I honestly believe Kirby only flipped him to troll Mullen and punk him on the trail (he did that often). I never expected Kirby to have him be starter, especially since Gunner Stockton was highly regarded as a recruit and Brock Vandergriff had some hype too.

Mullen is pretty good at taking bad/mediocre qb talent and making them serviceable, but he was a very poor evaluator of talent (played Franks over Trask, thought Emory Jones was the answer and recruited him over Matt Corral and played him over Richardson, etc.). The fact that Mullen, who hated recruiting, recruited Beck so hard suggests to me that he's going to be ass.