• Poll closed .

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Still not eliminated from the conference title hunt...:ufdup:

Mathematically I guess. But what can you fukk nikkas do better to improve in the short term? What little light of mines can y'all let shine in the meantime? Is there anything to hold onto?

Will 80% of these niccas jump in the transfer portal and who can us non-jacked-off-coached teams expect to get that can make immediate impact? Do y'all got some dawgs on the trenches we can holla at?

Let's get into it

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Mathematically I guess. But what can you fukk nikkas do better to improve in the short term? What little light of mines can y'all let shine in the meantime? Is there anything to hold onto?

Will 80% of these niccas jump in the transfer portal and who can us non-jacked-off-coached teams expect to get that can make immediate impact? Do y'all got some dawgs on the trenches we can holla at?

Let's get into it
Guaranteed lots will leave and I can't blame anyone for making a business decision a la Keon Coleman.

Program is a complete dumpster fire, potentially as bad as it's ever been. Only Urban can set us back on course :lolbron: otherwise we'll be right back where we started in 3 years.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Guaranteed lots will leave and I can't blame anyone for making a business decision a la Keon Coleman.

Program is a complete dumpster fire, potentially as bad as it's ever been. Only Urban can set us back on course :lolbron: otherwise we'll be right back where we started in 3 years.
Urban was never the type to lead a re-build.

Great coach but kind of a front runner. Took over programs with talent that opportunely opened up.

I don't see Urban going to that situation in E. Lansing for all the money in the world.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
fukkin iowa man

31-0

Cade McNamera 5-14, 42 fukkin yards
Top rusher had 18 yards
4 fumbles

This team is fukkin embarrassing
76 TOTAL YARDS

The Farentzes have to get fired…asap…like today

Malpractice

& The fact that their fanbase isnt make more noise about it is crazy

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Great coach but kind of a front runner. Took over programs with talent that opportunely opened up.

I don't see Urban going to that situation in E. Lansing for all the money in the world.

Yep. Bowling Green & Utah had all of the talent in the world....

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Money talks but he's coming to EL. He gets $7M/year from fox to shoot the shyt for a couple hours and talk CFB, and while he was in Jacksonville there was that quote about how much he was sick & tired of recruiting.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@Whips-n-Chains Niccas be acting like coaches ain't got 10-15 page resumes just cuz they excelled at 2 certain places. This what I mean when I say "Gap teeth in your mouth so Brutus 🍆 gots to fit" cuz it be a lot of underlying hate to this shyt instead of just having a real convo.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Yep. Bowling Green & Utah had all of the talent in the world....

giphy.gif
That was when he was starting out and a nobody in the circuit.

Once he was at Utah he got a buzz and hasn't done that since.

LOL you're comparing an unproven Urban in the early 2000s to Urban in 2023 with 3 National titles and a HOF resume at two large programs.

EDIT: And relative to its level of competition at that time, Utah had some talent. They had Alex Smith on the roster and had beaten Pete Carrol's USC in a bowl two seasons before Urban got there. No Utah wasn't a national title competitor, but for their level of competition for where that program was in the early 2000s, it wasn't a real rebuild. It was a similar situation to Florida where they had talent to compete at their level but the HC was underperforming with that talent.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
That was when he was starting out and a nobody in the circuit.

Once he was at Utah he got a buzz and hasn't done that since.

LOL you're comparing an unproven Urban in the early 2000s to Urban in 2023 with 3 National titles and a HOF resume at two large programs.

In theory, both the jobs he took after Utah can be considered rebuilds. May not be in the traditional sense that you want it to be but before him, Florida hadn't won a chip since 1996. Before him, Buckeyes hadn't won since 2002. Talent or not, clearly whoever was onboard before him couldn't get it done. Was it exactly a mess like MSU would be? Maybe not. But transfer portal also wasn't around then. And if you think players were lining up to transfer to MSU to play for Mel fukkin Tucker, whaddya think they're doing for Urban if he did show up?

Even though it's a moot point because if he didn't flinch at USC, Notre Dame and other attractive jobs, this damn sure ain't the one to pull him out.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
In theory, both the jobs he took after Utah can be considered rebuilds. May not be in the traditional sense that you want it to be but before him, Florida hadn't won a chip since 1996. Before him, Buckeyes hadn't won since 2002. Talent or not, clearly whoever was onboard before him couldn't get it done. Was it exactly a mess like MSU would be? Maybe not. But transfer portal also wasn't around then. And if you think players were lining up to transfer to MSU to play for Mel fukkin Tucker, whaddya think they're doing for Urban if he did show up?

Even though it's a moot point because if he didn't flinch at USC, Notre Dame and other attractive jobs, this damn sure ain't the one to pull him out.
That is a good point about the transfer portal.

Urban has never coached during the transfer portal/NIL era, so it would be a new component for him as a coach.