PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The sec not trying to move, and the big wants no parts of fsu, plus they not trying to move, it’s too far south, but even with that said that grant of rights got them in a Melvin type headlock til 34 or something

choking-baby-boy-movie-wc3tz5t6vyomov8c.gif
Yeah ACC planned for these scenarios. I honestly don't think they'll do it unless they can get a SEC inclusion. There's too much equity they have with either Florida or Miami to potentially give up both with the risk in joining some of those other conference.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get in a Cold War type situation where the B10 and SEC actively avoid getting any prospects that have relationships with the other teams tbh.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yeah ACC planned for these scenarios. I honestly don't think they'll do it unless they can get a SEC inclusion. There's too much equity they have with either Florida or Miami to potentially give up both with the risk in joining some of those other conference.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get in a Cold War type situation where the B10 and SEC actively avoid getting any prospects that have relationships with the other teams tbh.
People will work to get whatever they want, and if you add value they will take you, so ain’t no Cold War

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
The ACC Grant of Rights is going to be broken in a year or two. They are falling too far behind to stay in a bad deal with ESPN. The only thing is that the bulk of the schools left don't really move the needle like that. It just more of the B1G/SEC want to enter into a good size population for additional steaming revenue. Oregon, Washington, VT, UNC, Miami, GT and FSU fit that mold. Also, this will probably force ND to join a conference because all of the big players are going to be in one and going to start telling them they can't have their cake and eat it too anymore.

My personal preference would get Oregon and Washington to help USC/UCLA with traveling and maybe UNC and possibility Miami or GT from the ACC and call it a day unless ND comes calling for a spot :yeshrug: .

The issue is it’s an all or nothing scenario and it’s nothing gained for Boston college to dissolve the acc or wake or a couple others, so i doubt it gets dissolved because Clemson is down

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paul Finebaum probably smiling saying he knew FSU would be back looking to join the SEC after FSU turned them down

In September 1990, Finebaum — at the time a sportswriter for the Birmingham Post-Herald — wrote a column criticizing Florida State’s lack of vision for deciding to join the Atlantic Coast Conference, saying the Seminoles would eventually pay the price for playing in a league with Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina and Clemson instead of LSU, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn.
“Tell me the reports about a school spurning the SEC for the ACC because it wants to be associated with a better academic conference aren’t true,” wrote Finebaum, now a talk show host and analyst for the SEC Network. “Hey, folks, we’re talking about FSU here, not Amherst or Brown or Harvard.”
Finebaum later addressed Miami in the column.
“Adding a prestigious school such as Miami to the SEC certainly would take the sting out of losing FSU. But word is the SEC presidents are not cray about the prospect of the Hurricanes in their league.”

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That was the last time Herbie pretended to be an insider

He had some info, but he probably had more cant talk info than could share
Paul Finebaum probably smiling saying he knew FSU would be back looking to join the SEC after FSU turned them down
At the time fsu had what Clemson has, they was the top dog easy road to undefeated season, and two tough out of conference games in Florida and Miami why fight with uga, Florida and Bama, it’s hard to have known what the sec would turn into and the money they’d get, and how their conference would drop the ball with their tv deal, but even then when the new tv deal was on the table did they have to sign it and stay in the acc ?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
wtf is Oregon doing man.. should have left this raggedy ass conference already.

at least make a statement.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
He had some info, but he probably had more cant talk info than could share

At the time fsu had what Clemson has, they was the top dog easy road to undefeated season, and two tough out of conference games in Florida and Miami why fight with uga, Florida and Bama, it’s hard to have known what the sec would turn into and the money they’d get, and how their conference would drop the ball with their tv deal, but even then when the new tv deal was on the table did they have to sign it and stay in the acc ?
The only reason the ACC became dead on arrival is because the former ACC commissioner sold the whole conference down the road and locked them into a garbage ass tv deal.. for like 20 years! None of this was an issue until the money started looking funny. If you win in the ACC you were going to championship, period. ACC has never been on outside looking in. When they locked in for long ass tv deal and the game changed a few years later with other leagues resetting the market, ACC was DEAD. John Swofford did some funny stuff and I am sure if when they look back and into the deals he did there will be some funny business uncovered.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps