PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
They got to do better, nobody else available? Did Matt Cassel even start a college game? :heh:

Heard Robinson is up and coming and popular, but this is basura they need to let us (the Loic) host it
Money Year for that boy. Needs to play at a high level consistently. He flashed alot but now as junior he needs to turn it up a notch..

He got the skill he should dominate

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

This is adaption to talent, and that’s why i always say your Jimmy/Joes can enhance your X/O’s, now he had to adapt and created a B gap read because he had trouble reading traditional edge

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so I guess to beat Michigan these fans out here thinking they need more Ohio born players that breathe to hate UM

There has been some talk around Ohio State — in 2015 and even now — that the Buckeyes need more Ohio-born players on their roster. Those kids grow up loving Ohio State and understanding the rivalry with Michigan in a way that cannot just be explained. You could make the argument that Ohio State’s program needs a certain number of Ohio players on the roster for the team to just “get it.” I’ll listen to that argument. But there is no way you could convince me Ohio State could win a national title in 2023 or beyond signing as many Ohio players as Tressel did.

also fans might not think Kelly out here with enough star power
I took a deep look at LSU’s class, and it occurred to me that the Tigers may sign nine of the top 10 (and the top nine) prospects in their own state in the 2024 cycle. If LSU pulls that off, that has to be the highest conversion rate for any program in the modern era of recruiting.
Yet, here is an LSU fan who is displeased with the Tigers’ class. Why? Because even though Kelly is dominating recruiting on his own turf, which we all said was a must when he was hired, there is a lack of star power on the national front. This is particularly of concern for LSU given what Alabama and Georgia are doing outside their own states.

At first glance, I’m blown away by how Kelly and his staff have managed to recruit the state of Louisiana, and that efficiency long term is going to pay big dividends for the Tigers. But when you take a deeper look, only two of the top 10 players in the state of Louisiana are ranked in the top 100 nationally. That’s not going to get it done for LSU, and that’s the reason I can sense panic in the question.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
so I guess to beat Michigan these fans out here thinking they need more Ohio born players that breathe to hate UM

also fans might not think Kelly out here with enough star power

It’s a notion, honestly the kids will play hard regardless, it’s ultimately up to star power and coaching

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a notion, honestly the kids will play hard regardless, it’s ultimately up to star power and coaching

im sure you as an unbiased lover of college football would love if the buckeyes sacrifice star power for lesser talented ohio kids that just gets what beat michigan is all about

Last edited:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
im sure you as an unbiased lover of college football would love if the buckeyes sacrifice star power for lesser talented ohio kids that just gets what beat michigan is all about
When they were on our hat for several years a lot of those stars were not always Ohio kids, the rivalry is fan base pushed, and coaches make it a priority obviously, but they ain’t living and breathing it 24/7 you don’t start winning or losing because kids weren’t born hating a school, but I’d love to see even less talent hit osu

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I’m just popping in reading thru this thread. That OSU/UM rivalry is hilarious!!

Just hoping my Canes take a big leap forward this season! Recruiting has been on the uptick and we’ve been doing pretty good these last two cycles.

Hope Mario bought in the right coordinators this time. If so, this could be the start of something epic!!