The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
In all honesty tho, OSU is the only show in town, in a top 10 state for HS football talent. There are times when Ohio is closer to top 5 for talent too. They also border PA which is talent rich, and MI has talent as well. Close to IL too.

Nebraska has to look much further away for recruits and they haven't made any real noise in 20 years. I remember a stat that showed their average recruit has to come from 800+ miles away. The entire state has about 2 million ppl...while ohio has close to 12M.

Colorado is recruiting well b/c they have a young, (former?) superstar, black head coach who's won SBs in the NFL. If Pat Narduzzi was their coach he wouldn't be pulling this type of talent.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
The main reason it NEVER made sense to me is because of well Ohio St recruits and has done so with different coaches for the past 20-25 years.

Cause honestly, What's the difference between living in Ohio, Nebraska, or Colorado? :ld:
Ohio has a large black population and close to other markets that they can dip into.. Atleast it always seemed that way, only been in Ohio a few times but Cleveland and Cincy got pockets for sure

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
The main reason it NEVER made sense to me is because of well Ohio St recruits and has done so with different coaches for the past 20-25 years.

Cause honestly, What's the difference between living in Ohio, Nebraska, or Colorado? :ld:
Ohio has a traditionally rich football history and talent pool even through that has come down due to more people migration to other areas of the country. Plus OSU has way more prestige and resources available than Nebraska & Colorado so it's easier to get higher quality recruits than those other two schools.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

Ohio is one of the best states for football recruiting.

Colorado and Nebraska are not.

Ohio is the best Football state not in the South.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
California…?
I'm biased cause I'm from Ohio.

And I understand they are great for recruitment.

But a lot of Cali schools don't get heavy support if they not blowing the competitions doors down.

If the programs are down..the ppl stop caring. :yeshrug:

Folks in Ohio live, breath, and eat football.

Shout out to Canton and the Hall ..

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

But a lot of Cali schools don't get heavy support if they not blowing the competitions doors down.

Damn, and the browns dont win shyt, and you’re second fiddle those bosses up north? May as well study up on rugby or something breh

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

We’re talking about the talent produced breh.

You can be bias but you can’t deny it’s Texas, Florida, California, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama in whatever order you want to put them in.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Damn, and the browns dont win shyt, and you’re second fiddle those bosses up north? May as well study up on rugby or something breh
Like the Lions been dominating the NFC North for years while the death star down south been terrorizing those b*tches in blue for the bulk of 20+ years :stopitslime: . Do you even rep your sorry ass Detroit teams around here?