• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Les made LSU football nationally known

:dead: Nick literally changed the perspective of LSU, black players from Louisiana didn’t really stay home until he walled the state off, he’s the very reason that LSU is a destination for Louisiana kids again

more personality :mindblown:

Nick is known for his sound bites, you think cuz a nikka ate grass, and typically had the best talent due to the system that nick put into place he was that deal. Les was Kirby smart only with a chip, he fukked your program out of more chips because he couldn’t get out of his own way, it’s criminal how he screwed over juice and odj with limited wr numbers

Also rip to keys daughter :to:

You’re wrong

tenor.gif

I know it’s your shtick to be contrary and ignore all evidence but Marcus spears even speaks on how saban changed the perception on LSU if there was no nick there would be no LSU period

“I think that's what changed it," Spears said. "He shifted the culture, honestly. He just totally shifted the culture. He made LSU look cool to top-level Louisiana recruits." Marcus Spears

How Nick Saban created a monster at LSU
And you can go look up that the right time with bomani Jones he did with Marcus spears he explains even more

Louisiana always had talent the issue was they went to other schools

“Yet Louisiana's best found their way outside the state's borders. Marshall Faulk went off to San Diego State. Kordell Stewart landed in Colorado. Peyton Manning signed with Tennessee. Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne left for Miami. Brock Berlin skipped off to Florida.“

Nah that nikka gone off them daiquiris early this morning because he’s talking nonsense, but i know he likes to be contrary and never admits ok let’s walk that statement back, he will just move the goal post and ignore facts

Before Nick Saban came to LSU we were going 3-8 and 4-7 and sitting out the bowl season. He came through an laid the foundation that the coaches that followed him are eating off of today. No nationally ranked player in Louisiana stayed home. He changed all of that.

Les Miles wasn’t a great coach. He was a great personality and a monster recruiter. He got by on a surplus of talent until Saban got Bama right. Once that happened and the talent advantage was gone, Les had to actually get it done by coaching and he couldn’t cause he never was a good coach. The landscape had changed and he couldn’t adapt.

You can say he’s an LSU legend and brought home a chip, but he should have won 2 more and didn’t cause his coaching style was on Larry Holmes status. Watching a team full of future NFL players struggle to get a first down, and his crappy clock management are two things I don’t miss about his coaching.

(Plus he probably was the one who kicked off all the Title IX stuff)

Bruh i literally pointed out how droves of black players left the state, i can admit him staying helped, but the reality is saban created the foundation that is LSU’s mindset, recruiting, and winning ways, like @invincible1914 goes on to say y’all was still losing, and even if you want to give the credit to the guy before saban, still that has nothing to do with les

96,97 were the two good years followed by two abysmal years, les screwed you more than he helped you, his whole game plan was to out muscle everyone, he had no known offensive prowess despite being an offensive coach by trade again it’s criminal all them wrs he marginalized with low numbers

i don’t think he’s a great recruiter, he inherited a system, the money, and infrastructure was in place to get kids, yes i believe he did work but who was he recruiting wise at osu and Kansas ?? He was ok at best

Nick Saban wasn’t even known whenhe came here, y’all really think an unknown cac coach from up north came to Louisiana and told these black families to bring their kids to LSU and these families were like ok :yeshrug:

Yea Les benefitted from a foundation and so did Nick Saban

That’s looking at it in a vacuum not looking at the losses he got, the talent he squandered, if you boast the best to third best team in the nation yes you ought to win a hundred games you are simply better than the competition around you

But this is exclusively about saban, and the foundation he built for les/LSU Saban built LSU not les, les got worse as the years progressed. Yes les got him one, and les did some things to move the program forward, but if we are being honest the program probably got the chip more than he did, his whole shtick was out muscle the opponents, and it works for about two years, then programs could go toe to toe, and he started getting out schemed, don’t let the monicker of the “mad hatter” fool you he put his self in those situations of having to go for it on 4th or having to run trick plays because the offense he was running wasn’t getting the job done. By your argument Larry Coker is a got damn coaching genius.... but no he just made it his business to stay out the way, and the program took care of its self, but in les case he shot himself in the foot too damn much both found themselves on the outs with the program that made them

For reference, of that bizarre day fam tried to convince us saban was a footnote and les was the program changer

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Dont act like yall werent fiending for Les to come home either
I was not, i don’t think anyone on this board was, he’s not some offensive genius, i don’t think he could replicate the recruiting process he had at lsu, cuz we still trying to get that thing rolling while battling administrative red tape ( it’s way better) so where’s the advantage or reason to grab him ? And we eventually learned he ain’t know how to keep his hands to himself

Daps
Reppin
Chi
For reference, of that bizarre day fam tried to convince us saban was a footnote and les was the program changer

He had some points bc Les did take lsu to the next level, but to discredit Saban is ridiculous. Saban clearly laid the foundation, won a national title even lol

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
He had some points bc Les did take lsu to the next level, but to discredit Saban is ridiculous. Saban clearly laid the foundation, won a national title even lol

He had what ??? :gucci:

he’s responsible for being at the ceo position as the program moved forward, the spine of his nc was due to saban, and the minute he could not out athlete nikkas, he had no change up, they won in spite of that dude not because of him

Last edited: