The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Im tryna avoid those discussions because no one will change their mind and with recency bias and all that older teams get slighted but there is a reason every couple years some team gets compared to the '01 team, whether it be 04 USC, 06 texas, '13 FSU, One of those Bama teams, '19 LSU. They are the standard everyone gets measured by. I will also add I think LSU team has most compelling argument just based on eye test and their offense being that dam good and talented.. But still that Miami defense was soo nasty and would match up well because we had 3 DBS go first round and you hand Sean Taylor and Antrel Rolle as depth pieces also go first round :heh: If we just rolled the ball out there with defense alone that team would go 8-4. They gave up 13 TDs all year and avg. 9.4 points a game. 19 of 22 starters got drafted.. That dont even include dudes on bench like McGahee, Gore, Wilfork, etc.

I hear you….But we know there was a big change in college offenses post like 08-10

We’ve seen Bama be forced to adapt and change things up because of that. Thats where I think issue with the 01 Canes vs some of these other teams would lie

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I hear you….But we know there was a big change in college offenses post like 08-10

We’ve seen Bama be forced to adapt and change things up because of that. Thats where I think issue with the 01 Canes vs some of these other teams would lie
The modern game is based ON MIAMI FOOTBALL :wow: , you know how many coaches was coming down to see what the fukk was going on. Erickson was running one back in '90s. Jimmy Johnson was all about getting speed on field on defense. You think Johnathan Vilma and DJ Williams would have issues with spread? Them boys was running 4.5s at LB. These not some big pads, leather helmet wearing slugs, Dudes was the prototypes. :mjlol:

If you talking about literally pulling guys from '01 and they dont get to watch any film and they just run on field with no understanding of modern spread, rpos, etc. Then shyt you dont even need '19 LSU, just pick a random Oregon team and watch them light them confused boys up..:lolbron: But I dont think them boys would be outclassed with THREE FIRST ROUND corners and TWO FIRST round LEGENDARY PROTOTYPE safeties on roster.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Here is what is rumored to have happened. CFB is in a crazy place, not sure how sustainable this is going to be long-term.

Gotta love capitalism and the free market :pachaha:

(until you don't benefit crehs :mjpls: )

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah there will be a great reckoning when these programs can't pay out what they promised these kids in an attempt to catch up to the top SEC and Big 10 teams.
there are schools in other conferences other than the Big10 and SEC that have bread though.

it's all about what the boosters wanna pay and many in other conferences do have it too. :yeshrug:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
there are schools in other conferences other than the Big10 and SEC that have bread though.

it's all about what the boosters wanna pay and many in other conferences do have it too. :yeshrug:

having money and having enough to commit to the numbers they are telling kids are 2 different things.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Here is what is rumored to have happened. CFB is in a crazy place, not sure how sustainable this is going to be long-term.

Wouldn't want him or Malik Murphy on my team. These coaches need to start taking a stance. Gow can u trust someone like this?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Im tryna avoid those discussions because no one will change their mind and with recency bias and all that older teams get slighted but there is a reason every couple years some team gets compared to the '01 team, whether it be 04 USC, 06 texas, '13 FSU, One of those Bama teams, '19 LSU. They are the standard everyone gets measured by. I will also add I think LSU team has most compelling argument just based on eye test and their offense being that dam good and talented.. But still that Miami defense was soo nasty and would match up well because we had 3 DBS go first round and you hand Sean Taylor and Antrel Rolle as depth pieces also go first round :heh: If we just rolled the ball out there with defense alone that team would go 8-4. They gave up 13 TDs all year and avg. 9.4 points a game. 19 of 22 starters got drafted.. That dont even include dudes on bench like McGahee, Gore, Wilfork, etc.

It's actually kind of amazing what THE school was able to do :whew: